How expensive is Hospital CIMA?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum How expensive is Hospital CIMA?

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

For the record, I am not married but have been dating the same wonderful woman – who has spoken a total of about 100 words of English to me during that entire time – for just over seven years.

But, I must confess that if Sandra Bullock is serious about a new relationship, I would be happy to discuss the possibilities with her as long as we live in Costa Rica and not in the US…

Scott

2bncr

yeah, yeah yeah my man, but what about off the record… eh?

Tisk tisk tisk.

I know you may be taken, but you aint blind. (see I provided you an out!)

2bncr

Cute David, but then maybe I need to dumb it down. So try again, here goes:

Lying and cheating is neatly hidden in the US and therefore not in contact with daily life. Everyplace I go in CR (including the Peaje (toll booth) I have to check all recites, bills, and change. In my US neighborhood, I don’t have to worry about plants stolen out of my front yard. In addition, when I go to the mechanic my gas gage always reads the same when the work is finished, and my maid doesn’t steal the silverware one by one. Also when my dogs get loose in the US they always come back with their collars (guess I shouldn’t by c2,500 collars).

Now David, I thought you were a proponent of big government and the fat undeserved pay and pension federal and state employees receive compared to private employees. On that level, the government teat suckers have created a huge amount of legal theft not to mention the highest concentration of millionaires in the US found in Washington DC. So when it comes to leeching off and treading on the tax payers, all who work and support big Gov have to ask themselves who they are when they lay their head on the pillow at night. So in that regard I do agree with you. The US is number one in gluttony and waste. I guess you can kind of compare the US government to a loose cow that enters the feed barn and eats constantly and then biologically functions all over the place creating a stinking mess.
    Nough said?

grb1063

I have found that routine medical costs at a private provider and hospital are about 7 times what they are in my area of Western Washington. A visit with the neo-natal urologist and an ultrasound is $960 vs. $131 for the same exact ultrasound machine operated by an Ob/Gyn and 3D to boot for no additional charge. Hospital stays are about $1,500/day these days here, but the ticky-tack add on charges for $50 IV bags, bed pans, $10 Ibuprofen and rental on any “equipment” really jacks up the price. Our 3 day stay with all additional charges + an operating room came out to $1,400. The OB/Gyn, anesthesiologist, pediatrician and five nurses & technicians for the surgery was $2,600. The follow up appointments and prescriptios brought the entire bill to $4,200 That would be a $20,000-$30,000 bill here. And you wonder why CR is one of the top medical destinations in the world!

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.