How about a “Mixer”

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum How about a “Mixer”

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

One ostrich egg equals 20 to 24 large chicken eggs and soft-boiling one egg requires about an hour while hard-boiling takes about 90 minutes so I hope the drumsticks of an ostrich are easier to BBQ then their eggs!

Scott

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”costaricabill”][quote=”Scott”]I LOVE BBQs but I do have a trip planned for late January so please let me know when….

Scott

PS. That’s “if” I’m invited of course ….[/quote]

Scott, of course you are invited and we will schedule the festivities solely around your availabilty. Somehow it may have slipped by you, but we all assumed that you were to be the “named sponsor” of this First Annual “WLCR Meet & Greet” event, with your other volunteer duties to include helping David with the landscaping and gardening for a few days before we all show up, serving as event parking coordinator, master of ceremonies, videographer, chief correspondent for the Spanish speaking dailies, assistant chef (to Jim S), chief bartender (with recipe and direction from David), food service director, and designated driver.

Of course, in exchange for allowing the rest of us to enjoy the afternoon and optional sleep over at David’s (did I mention your pillow fluffing duties?) we will gladly allow you to have a “tip jar” to do our part in raising money for your new business endeavor, “Project Ignacio”. In fact, I bet you could set up a booth and allow those that wanted to make a small donation the opportunity to have their pictures taken with a cardboard cutout of Ignacio (you said he was camera shy) and then get 5 minutes of private investment advice from the man himself, and I am speaking of Ignacio himself.

It really looks like it is all coming together nicely![/quote]

I would be happy to ask Ignacio if he would be willing to consult with you … But be warned, because of his new found popularity he has to limit himself to speaking with investors who have a minimum of 50,000 colones to invest!

Scott

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Scott, has Ignacio every ginned a watermelon? Maybe we could engage him to provide the liquid refreshments. Do you think his cart has the capacity to keep 18,000 of your closest friends hydrated?

Andrew
    Keymaster

I very much doubt that Ignacio knows what gin is although he would probably be quite capable of transforming a common watermelon into an “Imperial” one!

Scott

sprite

For this kind of entertainment, I would make a serious compromise to my moral integrity and would recite a series whatever primitive religious rituals such a diverse crowd of drunk, naked, middle-aged coffee bean picking expats required.

sueandchris

[quote=”sprite”]For this kind of entertainment, I would make a serious compromise to my moral integrity and would recite a series whatever primitive religious rituals such a diverse crowd of drunk, naked, middle-aged coffee bean picking expats required.[/quote]

FINALLY!!! A church I would be interested in joining!

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Uh, Sue, nobody said nuthin’ ’bout no church. NIMBY!

sueandchris

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]Uh, Sue, nobody said nuthin’ ’bout no church. NIMBY![/quote]

Oh…….well, poop….

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.