Hotel needed in San Jose

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Hotel needed in San Jose

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    angela456

Hi all!
    We will be coming to Costa Rica July 8th.
    Can anyone give me a good recommendation for a nice hotel in or very close to San Jose? We have an appointment to have our fingerprinting done first thing Monday morning for our Rentista status and would like to be fairly close for that. Wanting to stay in the $75 range but a bit more or less is no big deal. Preferably not a B&B as well. Would appreciate your input!!!!

cindyc

Where are you having your fingerprints done? If it’s through ARCR the Parque del Lago is about a half block away; it’s a little more than $75 but is nice and has a fairly decent restaurant.

Cindy

wmaes47

Downtown San Jose… I would stay at the El Presidente or Holiday Inn.. El Presidente is a little difficult to fine, but it is right on the pedestrian mall downtown. Both have secure parking.

Holiday Inn (506) 222-24-24
    reservations@aurola-holidayinn.com

El Presidente (506)256-11-65
    http://www.hotel-presidente.com/

Enjoy

paumatom

I would recommend the hotel don carlos.

http://www.doncarloshotel.com/

Also there is a great restaurant ” Cafe Mundo” a short walk from the hotel.

anneliseped

I agree with the first response. If you want to get out and about on foot or in a taxi, El Presidente or Holiday Inn, are central and easy to use. The News Cafe in El Presidente has very good food and a priceless, people watching, location on the first intersection of the walking street. Because I do not like to drive at night, I stay in town at one of the two when I have business or theatre tickets that keep me from getting back before dark.

CHIP1NSKI

The SLEEP INN in downtown San Jose is brand new and very inexpensive. Very typical USAamenities, and since it is NEW everything is great. It is just around the corner from the Hotel Presidente, which was my first choice until the Sleep Inn openned up. They are part of choice hotels. you can book them on line.

Edited on Jul 01, 2006 14:01

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.