Hot mineral springs in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Hot mineral springs in Costa Rica

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Chica2006

Please share your information about hot mineral springs in CR. Is it free for public or everything under government (or medical) control? Thank you.

maravilla

I’m a big hot springs fan so I did a google search and came up with Tabacon, which is at the base of Arenal Volcano, and Baldi Hot Springs which is also nearby, but less expensive, and is usually where the Ticos go. However, I have not yet been to either of these resorts. I also heard that there was another hot springs about an hour outside of San Ramon. With any luck I will be able to check that one out on my next trip. Here’s a link to Baldi
    http://www.arenal.net/baldi-hot-springs.htm

It looks like a great place to soak!!

jimliesen122
    Chica2006

Thank you very much for info, dears “Maravilla” and “jimliesen122”.

*Lotus

Baldi is much better than Tabacon, cleaner and less crowded. There are a few that are small and private that you can find with a good local guide. As much as I like the idea of soaking in a thermal mineral springs, I just thought it may not be such a good idea in a crowded one with people sitting around drinking!!….

maravilla

But isn’t Tabacon’s hot springs actually in a river so at least the water would be flowing! LOL I thought I saw on Baldi’s website that they had a bar in the pool. Not sure that’s such a good idea!

*Lotus

Tabacons bar is even larger…and lots of children. After considering all this we passed on the hot springs and spent an extra night at xandari.

Edited on Apr 22, 2006 09:24

jneiman

Check out Termales del Bosque – much less commercial and a nice getaway.

maravilla

We went to Termales del Bosque last week but they had reached their quota of soakers so they told us to come back in two hours. When we said we couldn’t really do that, they recommended another hot springs 200 mts up the road, which only cost c1000 but you had to walk a kilometer down to the river. it had a lovely hot waterfall and lots of little pools around the edges of the river where the hot water flowed into the cold water. We were the only gringos there. I think it’s called Toucanito and my suggestion is don’t carry a lot of stuff with you because the hike to the river is all downhill but uphill on the way back!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.