High speed internet article

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum High speed internet article

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rf2cr
    Participant

Thank you to Chris Cobb for the extremely helpful and informative article < https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/1589.cfm > on your internet installation, you have given us a wealth of information and answered many of my questions.

And to you Scott for publishing it.

Ruth

Andrew
    Keymaster

Con mucho gusto … Now if only I could understand it … 🙂

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

mediatica

Chris’ article was extremely informative and made my and my husbands decision on getting satellite internet much easier. Since it is the best (and only real) choice for us, his article solidified my thoughts on the issue. He makes technical issues seem easy even for us non-internet savvy folks! Muchas gracias. Your article is MUCH appreciated. Becky

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Here are a couple of additions to Chris’ article:

First, Dr. Dish (Don Paul) can also provide a satellite Internet access system (dish-based) that he can combine with access to Dish Network’s high-definition TV programming. It’s all in one dish. He offers a variety of Internet access speeds and there is no volume surcharge.

Second, some folks based here in Grecia have negotiated an agreement with ICE/RACSA to provide wireless Internet access nationwide. They have met with some very highly placed officials of the Arias administration and ICE/RACSA, and are awaiting some pricing details from RACSA which will function as the ISP. In the offing, too, is a meeting with President Arias himself.

This wireless system will be inexpensive to install on your site and the monthly service fees will be less than other satellite-access systems. It uses technology commonly installed in Europe and Asia. They have their hardware installed and tested in the Grecia area already.

This second option really may be worth waiting for.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.