Hi, I need to rent a car

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Hi, I need to rent a car

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    wmaes47

DAVETANS is correct in his statement about renta4x4incostarica.com renting bad pieces of equipment.

My friends experienced a bad rental from this company. I was witness to this rental, as I arrived at the same time and waited for the junk car the rental company delivered. They even delivered a different car than was rented.

If you want a good rental company that have good 4×4 vehicles, I would recommend:

http://www.crtropicalrentacar.com/

Bill Maes
    bill.maes@denver-homes.com

frankburns

I recently had quite a different (better) experience than Dave Tans or Bill Maes with the “Rent a 4×4 In Costa Rica” company.

My wife and I just returned from Costa Rica and we rented from this 4×4 car rental company that we found at http://www.renta4x4incostarica.com. Our experience with them was quite good. They gave us a 1997 model year 4×4 GEO Tracker that we used for almost a month. The vehicle worked fine, was in good condition, and they met us at the airport just as promised. We also referred some friends to this company who are in Costa Rica now renting a 4×4 from this company, and they say everything is going well.

The vehicle we had was not brand new, but far from “junk”. For the price and the great service, the vehicle was more than adequate and performed very well. My wife liked the vehicle’s air conditioning and CD player, and I liked the fact it didn’t use much gas, had great tires and plenty of 4×4 power. We are returning to Costa Rica in August to finalize the purchase of our property, and we plan to rent from this company again.

Anyway, I love Costa Rica and can’t wait to go back!

Frank Burns
    Attorney at Law
    New York, NY

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thank you for your feedback

I guess every company out there has a few bad days and good days (I was disgusted with Avis the last time I flew into Florida) but over all, the feedback I have received about Dean’s care has been overwhelmingly ‘good.’

Scott Oliver
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

moosesurfr

My wife and I just returned from our third trip to Costa Rica. We tried rent a 4×4 because of the recommendation of “We Love Costa Rica.” Our car was a piece of “junk”. In addition, the 24 hour customer service number is connected to an answering machine. The machine was of no help when we broke down in a pretty scary area of Santa Cruz. Also, the car had a soft top, which makes it very easy for people to steal your stuff. The next day when we got a live person at 4×4, he said they could send someone on a bus to try to help us out, but this person had another eight-hour errand to run before he could try to get to us. Does this sound like the way you want to spend your vacation?

moosesurfr

When my rent-a-wreck from Rent a 4×4 broke down and they refused to help me, Tri-color delivered an excellent 4×4 to my hotel in Langosta. Tri-color saved my vacation. They are awesome.

chetohrt

We recently rented a Car from Deans company (a tracker 4×4),
    and I have nothing but good things to say about our experience.
    We had no problems with the vehicle, Diego was right on time
    both on delivery and pickup. One has to realize that the $35/day
    represents about 1/2 the normal rental fee, compared to other
    agencies, including insurance. I would definately recommend this
    company and will use them on future trips to Costa Rica.
    Chet Ohrt

rdelgado

I understand the frustration with used car rental companies. But they do serve a niche market. We spent 6 weeks playing expat in one of renta4x4incostarica’s geo trackers (w/cell phone package). They met every expectation and kept every promise. Had we used Avis or Hertz (as in previous trips) we would have paid well over twice and risked a 1500+ deposit.
    For a short stay or unlimited budget who cares spend the bucks go to Hertz, Avis, etc. Pick out the biggest badest off road wheels they’ve got.& But, if you’re: On an extended trip, property hunting or looking to catch a glimpse of local living, consider a used rental. Just remember you’re renting an older vehicle and managing expectations may come in handy. Take the money you saved and treat the kids to an extra day of offshore fishing and the misses to a spa treatment. They’re more likely to remember that than the car you rented.

Rick Delgado
    Georgetown, Texas

adriana

My experience with Dean’s 4×4 trackers had been great, I have no regrets I second your opinion and I have posted my own too. Adriana Jenkins.

Edited on Aug 18, 2006 21:39

adriana

I was in Costa Rica twice this year both times I rented from Dean’s company, my experience couldn’t be better, my vehicle worked fine, the price/the deposit/and the cars are just a very good deal. Diego/Dean’s asst in Costa Rica is very professional, always on time and his cell phone is always on for any need “we” the customers might have. I’m planning my next trip for December and I will be renting form Dean’s again. I would definately recommend his company to anyone. Adriana Jenkins/Palo Alto/California. Adriana_Jenkins@hotmail.com

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.