Health Care In Costa Rica – Rush Limbaugh

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Health Care In Costa Rica – Rush Limbaugh

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    waggoner41

[quote=”Blade Runner”]Also, the aforementioned “Loophole” that “Exempts Washington Insiders” was the result of an error in the wording of an amendment sumbitted by a Republican. President Obama has pledged that all White House staff will abide by the intent of the legislation.[/quote]

Can you supply a link to, or source of, this information. I would like to read more.

blade runner
    diecha

Please send the name and contact for the company!!
    Diego Casarreal
    diecha@cox.net

Costa Rica: Stacy’s Insurance Company Makes Obamacare Plans

“CALLER:  Oh, yeah, right. (laughing)  But listen, as an employee of an insurance company, we got our benefit booklets this week and guess what we’re doing now?  We have set up facilities in Costa Rica and we are paying 100% of all medical charges associated with heart valve replacement, bypass surgeries, knee replacements, hip replacements, and spinal fusion if you travel to Costa Rica to have it done.  Now, it does not cover the travel expenses.

RUSH:  Hold it a minute.  No, no, no.  You gotta start at the beginning.  You call here and say your company is writing policies now, and you have set up facilities in Costa Rica. ” 

You can see the entire transcript of the Rush Limbaugh telephone call at [ http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_111309/content/01125115.guest.html ]

After you have taken a look at the full transcript, I would love your comments on this…[/quote]

maravilla

some companies are already sending patients to Thailand for some of these surgeries. Costa Rica is a lot closer!! it was bound to happen.

postalx

[quote=”enduro”][quote=”Moving Soon”]If the goal of a health care system is to provide health care for the people then it is a great and tragic mistake to have it under the control of a “for profit” insurance industry.

The existence of a conflict can not be disputed. The conflict causes people to die.

Some things should be left out of the “for profit” machine.
    4 generations of my family came (and are coming) up in the Canadian system (yes social medicine) but when you hear evidence from a conservative that says the Canadian system is horrible….he/she is motivated to lie to you. Our family (from the 2 year olds to the 91 year olds) have NEVER had a problem with the Canadian system. Everyone has been cared for.

I hear the main opposition to a socialized system in the US being “are you crazy,? do you know how much that will cost?”

The cost is worth it.[/quote]

I can definitely agree with this, the Canadian system worked well for me, Aortic valve replacement, ruptured duodenal ulcer repaired and a pacemaker installed, all in 21 days!!! It was supposed to be only about 6, but the latter two issues arose as I was recovering!!! Since then I have had many tests to find the cause of excessive fluid… after searching for cancer, testing for every organ in my body, it was deemed perio-cardionitis caused by a tightening of the perio-cardio sack during recovery…nothing another diarhetic didn’t cure… My cost…$0 Nothing wrong with that system, I would say!!!

The down side is tax dollars HAVE to pay for it…currently about 45c of each dollar in tax revenue…[/quote]

You know what they say; “If you think medical care in the US is expensive, just wait until it’s free!” Truth be told, there is nothing I’ve read about in this Healthcare bill that will reduce the cost of care, the main driver of our expensive system. And our much vilified “for profit” health insurance system is a very low-profit (percentage-wise) operation, already regulated to the teeth. Their bean counters have a very firm grasp on healthcare costs, know the cost of administering insurance benefits, and generally run efficient, lean operations. When they request a rate increase, they can document to the penny why it is required. All of this means nothing to the magical thinkers in our country, who believe it is their “right” to lead horribly unhealthy lifestyles and have their fellow citizens pick up the tab for their care.

The concept of personal responsibility is all but vanished from our society.

clayton

This is what we get when we hire a bunch of academia’s to run our country. They have no clue what it takes to make things work. But none of this matters because it was never about Health Care Reform. The Democratic Senators from Montana and Vermont have both said this was all about income redistribution, plain and simple. Had to do it in the 20’s and again now All us Americans are just to rich for our leaders. They need to keep the masses under control through financial dependency.

soldier

The U.S. verbal combat regarding a national public option or socialized medicine; still is in progress. The Veterans Health Administration, is a government run health entity; for veterans. The medical care is outstanding, in most cases; when you can get an appointment. Then there is also, Medicare and Medicade, two other examples. Am I to assume that the national health care for veterans is “ok,” yet; not “ok” for the rest of the country. I for one, look forward to using my military Tricare health benefit, and, my VA Foreign Medical Program; in Costa Rica.

postalx

[quote=”sprite”]Conservatives complain about the cost of national health care while vigorously supporting more tax money for the military industrial complex. Few examples more clearly show where their priorities lie. Does anyone have an idea of the cost of national healthcare compared to the cost of our recent military expenses?[/quote]

Sprite: Once again our paths cross with a difference of opinion. The rascally republicans recognize that national security IS the job of the federal government, and taking over private industry in the name of “improving healthcare” is not.

It seems to be our new national pastime, dreaming up new “rights” for ourselves at the cost of our fellow citizens.

As to the cost of administering healthcare through government mandated programs, we have only begun to spend. Massive tax increases are coming leaving no taxable stone unturned to foot this bill. And just like every other entitlement program the collectivists dream up & put into law, their cost projections will turn out to be woefully low by a factor of 100 or more within the first 20 years of implementation. History repeating itself, not as a farce this time, but a financial disaster.

jdocop

post removed so as to avoid any risk of offending forum members.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Sorry, John, but I’m afraid that your friend, Maxine, has her facts a little bit skewed. First off, the medical care in American penal institutions is woefully inadequate. “New hip? New knees?” etc is a fantasy.

Second, the prison diet is the single easiest place to save money and you can bet that it’s bland and boring.

Third, most correctional systems are now charging their “guests” who have the means to pay.

Fourth, you are still liable for your income taxes (unless, of course, you come to really like the place in which case not paying your taxes gets you bonus nights).

And finally, you’ll see even more of your kids because the grandchildren with think it’s really, really cool to go see grandpa or, better still, grandma in the slammer.

postalx

[quote=”xmamma”]One thing I believe about the nations health care is that Rush limbaugh is making us all sick in the head.[/quote]

Thank you for adding absolutely nothing of value to this conversation. Reasonable people may disagree based on their perspectives, but taking cheap shots and pretending it to be humor is not being part of the solution; it’s the core of the problem, IMHO.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Well, postalx, if you don’t like xmamma’s comment you’re gonna hate Rush Limbaugh.

postalx

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]Well, postalx, if you don’t like xmamma’s comment you’re gonna hate Rush Limbaugh.[/quote]

David, I must admit I’ve no clue what your comment means.

maravilla

gee, i thought Rush Limbaugh WAS the problem!!!!

postalx

[quote=”maravilla”]gee, i thought Rush Limbaugh WAS the problem!!!![/quote]

Breaking news, Maravilla darling: Freedom of speech is not a “all for me, but none for thee” proposition.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.