Heads Up!

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Heads Up!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

We will be traveling to CR in the next week to try to get a feel for the Country.
    We hope to be able to spend more time in the following months as school lets out and we will be bringing the entire family.
    Is there anyting that I should know about ahead of time that we should look into if we decide to stay in the near future.
    Residency paperwork, which state I “launch from” to be an issue to be able to benefit from the lack of a state income tax etc,..
    If you had to do it over, or if you are in the know now, what would you do differently or what would you make sure to get done at this point instead of later to prevent wasting time etc?
    I would hate to hear later “You know what you should have done is,…”
    Thanks
    Phil

dkt2u

HI Phil, Congratulations on your adventure. I would suggest visiting several different areas. There are micro climates here in Costa Rica that many do not realize. There are the beach areas that are typically more hot and humid, and that even differs from the Pacific coast to the Caribbean coast. There are mountain areas that have an average tempature of about 72 degrees. You would not be able to visit everywhere in just a one week trip. I’m not sure how long you are coming for on this first trip, but I think trying to spend time in several areas to start to get a feel is best. My wife and I took about 6 or 7 trips during different times of the year. I don’t know of much we would have done different after being here almost a year now, other than I wish we had done it sooner.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.