Having a child in Costa Rica?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Having a child in Costa Rica?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Pauldthomas

If you have a child in Costa Rica, does that mean that you and your husband and your other children will gain Costa Rican residency or is it just the child that is born and the parents? Is there any private schools in the Quespos, Matapala, Domincal,Manuel Antonio area?
    Do most expat children attend private schools or can they attend the tico public schools?
    Is there any public schools past the grades eighth through 12th?

sumaSal

“does that mean that you and your husband and your other children will gain Costa Rican residency”: YES all of you if the baby is/was born here ! Ask your lawyer to do the paperwork.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Posted in the wrong place and reposted here by Scott

message Posted By
    Posted Mar 05,2009 8:31 AM pauldthomas

Thank you Sue and Chris. I appreciate your kindness and help.
    You are right about just wanting to raise a child in a
    better environment. Not An Anchor baby. I guess there
    must be unhappy people even in Costa Rica? Have a happy Day!

Reply Delete Edit
    message Posted By
    Posted Mar 05,2009 10:33 AM sueandchris

You might be interested to know that we have asked our adult daughter to join us in our upcoming move to Costa Rica. She is 29 and has had many successes and adventures here, but we thought she might enjoy a life change and adventure (at least for a few years). She also is facing the same difficulties with work as so many here in the States. Her work situation is currently stable, but with no future guarantees.

She really surprised us by saying that she would certainly consider it! I will be taking her for a “girl’s” trip in the next two months and take her to the places in Costa Rica that we love so much. We are thrilled to think that we might be able to share a very special life experience with our grown child. We would solve her residency issue with the required guaranteed bank deposit. We will qualify under the pensionado status.

This might work because she is (now) single and is currently childless. She might not share our deep love of the country, but I am so pleased that she is considering the possibilities! She is an awesome, positive and beautiful person and brings so much to wherever she is.

Kindness and civility are some of the hallmarks of happy people! Pura vida. Sue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.