Have You Priced Airfares Lately?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Have You Priced Airfares Lately?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

This should be good for peace in the Middle East and oil prices!

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/print/2008/892/re72.htm

Rabbi Yisrael Rosen wrote “All of the Palestinians must be killed; men, women, infants, and even their beasts.”

This was the religious opinion issued one week ago by Rabbi Yisrael Rosen, director of the Tsomet Institute, a long-established religious institute attended by students and soldiers in the Israeli settlements of the West Bank.

In an article published by numerous religious Israeli newspapers two weeks ago and run by the liberal Haaretz on 26 March, Rosen asserted that there is evidence in the Torah to justify this stand.

Rosen’s article, which created a lot of noise in Israel, included the text of the ruling in the Torah: “Annihilate the Amalekites from the beginning to the end. Kill them and wrest them from their possessions. Show them no mercy. Kill continuously, one after the other. Leave no child, plant, or tree. Kill their beasts, from camels to donkeys.”

Rosen adds that the Amalekites are not a particular race or religion, but rather all those who hate the Jews for religious or national motives. Rosen goes as far as saying that the “Amalekites will remain as long as there are Jews. In every age Amalekites will surface from other races to attack the Jews, and thus the war against them must be global.” He urges application of the “Amalekites ruling” and says that the Jews must undertake to implement it in all eras because it is a “divine commandment”.

And

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/968729.html

The chief rabbi of Safed, Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu, is calling on the government to carry out “state-sanctioned revenge” against Arabs in order to, in his words, restore Israel’s deterrence. Eliyahu proposes “hanging the children of the terrorist who carried out the attack in the Mercaz Harav yeshiva from a tree.”

It seems obvious to me these JudeoFascist extremists who have control of hundreds of nuclear weapons (which may be the reason they assassinated JFK who did not want them to have nuclear weapons) are a zillion times more dangerous than the Iranians.

If Israel did not want it, the US would not have attacked and invaded Iraq in the first place and US citizens would not be dying instead of Israelis.

EVERY TIME YOU WATCH THE NEWS, remember the Mossad motto: “By way of deception, thou shalt do war.”

dhsbooker

I heard a few weeks ago on the news that airlines purchase their fuel a year in advance! So it looks like that year has run out on all the airlines, as I too have noticed the increase in flights. Alot of them are now going to charge for the first checked bag, and even a fee if you want and aisle or window seat. I wonder what would happen if eveyone chose to sit in the middle seat (lol) AAA said if you see a great price on a flight don’t hesitate, because you most likely won’t see the fare get any lower.

harvcarp

I must have arrived at this post by mistake. Was interested in any tips on lower airfares as the thread was pertaining to that subject.

As for your; “It seems obvious to me these JudeoFascist extremists who have control of hundreds of nuclear weapons (which may be the reason they assassinated JFK who did not want them to have nuclear weapons) are a zillion times more dangerous than the Iranians.

If Israel did not want it, the US would not have attacked and invaded Iraq in the first place and US citizens would not be dying instead of Israelis”, common sense says otherwise. I have heard many theories regarding the JFK assassination but yours it just plain ignorant!!

Harvey

DavidCMurray
    Participant

We recently booked a round trip from San Jose to Detroit and back on Continental for a tolerable price — not significantly more than we paid a couple of years ago. Two things will be interesting to watch, however. First, will Continental try to increase the fare when we get to the airport? Second, will it cost more to drive around southern Michigan visiting friends and family than it did to fly there from Costa Rica?

As for the ravings of the Israeli right, cited above, I can only add that they make some of the more inflammatory language of the Koran sound positively tame. Who, again, is the bogeyman?

bfriesen

Just checked flights from Austin, TX to San Jose, CR. Running about $750.00 U.S. for round trip. Is that high, because that’s about what I paid 7 years ago? Of course, that was in the high season and this is the green season, so maybe it’s high.

harvcarp

If you use SWA from Austin to Fort Lauderdale and then Spiritair to SJO, a fare later in June is $469. Specials from Spirit can result in a lower fare at times.

*Lotus

You have to keep checking for the the best prices, different days and times. Prices can really fluctuate http://www.kayak.com is good because they are not selling tickets just listing airfares. Flights from NYC and Chicago for December are under $400 round trip.

jtd2

Also, try checking http://www.itasoftware.com

mmessier2

I just priced a trip in December from Sacramento, CA to Liberia, and it was only $568 through Delta. Not bad, especially since Sac is a smaller airport and so is LIR.

bradbard

Interesting posting there from GenrikhYagoda – How did I miss that?

Has anybody asked themselves WHY Rabbi Yisrael Rosen’s statement has not been seen in the US newspapers or on television? “All of the Palestinians must be killed; men, women, infants, and even their beasts.”

Can you imagine what would happen if it was a Muslim religious leader that said “All of the Jews must be killed; men, women, infants, and even their beasts.”

Do you think that would have been on the news in the US?

Like maybe 500 times a day?

Can you imagine what would happen if a Catholic priest or a Muslim suggested that they should “hang the children of the Jews who carried out the attacks on Palestinians from a tree.”

Do you think that would have been on the news in the US?

Like maybe 500 times a day?

Our last trip we flew out of Sacramento through Denver to San Jose (9hours total) on Frontier for less than 500 bucks. We only booked them 3 days in advance. This was less than half the price of everyone else, and the layover was only an hour. This was about 6 weeks ago.

Andrew
    Keymaster

OPEC chief appeals for calm over oil – Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:33am EDT

LONDON (Reuters) – OPEC’s Secretary General on Tuesday appealed for calm, saying the record-high crude oil price was unbearable and did not reflect any shortage of supply in the market.

Abdullah al-Badri also called for measures to curb market speculation, a factor OPEC says is sending prices to unjustified levels. Oil hit a record $139.12 a barrel on Friday and was trading near $136 on Tuesday.

“I ask through you, through Reuters, really we need some calm. We are panicking too much,” Badri told the Reuters Global Energy Summit.

“The situation is unbearable as far as we are concerned. I want to say, there is no shortage now and in the future.”

The comments are the latest to underscore the view of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries that it is pumping more than enough oil and high prices reflect factors beyond its control.

“We are not happy with the current level of price for one reason. It has nothing to do with the fundamentals,” he said.

Speculators are playing a big role in high oil prices. Also there are other considerations, the value of the dollar and the geopolitical situation.”

Saudi Arabia, the world’s top exporter and OPEC’s most influential member, said on Monday it would soon call for a meeting to discuss what it called unjustified rises in prices.

See more at: [ http://www.reuters.com/articlePrint?articleId=USWLA462520080610 ]

Scott Oliver

I just paid $209 including taxes from Miami to San Jose on American.
    You need to be quick, but I just got them.

Peg

I just got my weekly update from Travelzoo, American has flights from either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami for $148. R/T to San Jose. Must book by June 16th, can travel thru Oct. 30th.

harvcarp

Remember to add the tax to the $148.00
    Departure Fare per Person 74.00 USD
    Return Fare per Person 74.00 USD
    Total Fare per Person
    148.00 USD

Additional Taxes and Fees per Person 61.00 USD
    Total Price 209.00 USD

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.