Hacienda Matapalo?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Hacienda Matapalo?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mpgyacht

Anybody know anything about this Hacienda Matapalo

I got an email from them and it looks interesting.

alewis

We bought at Matapalo about 2 years ago. We are down here now watching the construction. They have the infrastructure in and are in the process of building the first house which will be an example of the Bali house. It is taking a long time to put in the roads but I would suggest you go to http://www.maapalo.com which has something like 22 videos showing everything.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hacienda Matapalo has clearly been spending MILLIONS of dollars on marketing – it would appear to be more than any other project I know of in Costa Rica – but to date, nobody has ever been able to show me a photograph of anything they have actually built …

IMHO their marketing is outrageously OTT (Over The Top). For example, a few weeks ago I received one of their emails about a Free seminar:

“See for yourself why Hacienda Matapalo was chosen as one of the Top 10 Best Real Estate deals on the planet and how it became the most sought after gated community on Costa Rica’s South Pacific Coast.”

They haven’t actually built a single home yet and it’s been chosen as “…as one of the Top 10 Best Real Estate deals on the planet”?

By who exactly?

From what you say here, they still haven’t built a single home and it’s “the most sought after gated community”?

By who exactly?

The first reference to Hacienda Matapalo in this Discussion Forum was in September 2008 – nearly three years ago – which you can see at:

[ https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/cfmbb/messages.cfm?messageid=B6642882-24E8-5ED2-F1FC4BCED89A5A2A#B6642882-24E8-5ED2-F1FC4BCED89A5A2A ]

And again, what you are confirming here with your posting is that Hacienda Matapalo has succeeded in NOT building a single home in the last three years …

I’ve built more homes in that time ferr-chriss-ake!

According to this Press Release [ http://www.benzinga.com/press-releases/11/06/p1173421/million-dollar-agent-josh-flagg-to-host-four-day-dance-party-in-costa- ], although he has yet to visit Costa Rica, Mr. Flagg refers to Hacienda Matapalo and “the fact that they have five-star amenities within their community…”

Again, if Hacienda Matapalo has not yet built anything, how exactly can they have “five-star amenities” or any kind of “community” but, if someone has photographs showing these five-star amenities, please do email them to me…

All the people I know on the ground in the area tell me the same thing – that very, very little has happened yet – so it seems to me a wee bit of a stretch to say that “…they have five-star amenities within their community…”

Perhaps they might be more correct to say that they are planning to have “five-star amenities within their community…” one day….

They were probably planning that back in 2008 too…

Scott Oliver. Author of: 1. Costa Rica Real Estate Scams, 2. How To Avoid Them, How To Buy Costa Rica Real Estate Without Losing Your Camisa, 3. Costa Rica’s Guide To Making Money Offshore in Bull & Bear Markets and 4. ¿Cómo Comprar Bienes Raices en Costa Rica, Sin Perder Su Camisa?

maravilla

before i invested in anything like this in costa rica, i would vet every single person involved in the project. find out their background, criminal record, civil suit record, etc., and what experience they have in successful developments. five-star amenities sound like something right out of a press release. there have been other such projects, whose name shall remain nameless, that had a gaggle of suspicious characters as their principals — people who had been indicted, sued, and were under investigation for all kinds of things. now there are class action lawsuits to try and recover the millions they stole from trusting people. remember, if it sounds too good to be true. . . well, you know the rest.

alewis

Marvella, we did all the things you suggested. One of the buyers even went to their main office in Florida before investing. As I said before, while it is only on the internet and I suppose that could be faked somehow, we have been down here twice. YOu are right, no buildings anywhere. But, huge pipes being laid all over the place, 2 lakes now present which weren’t there before, and curbs and paved road being prepared. Yes, this could turn out to be another Paragon but we have seen with our own eyes the changes taking place. Speedy they are not and I have been concerned at times at the slowness of the building. However, the infrastructure can’t be fixed once the roads are paved over. I am not encouraging buying there, I am just saying we are seeing what is going on and progress is being made. http://www.haciendamatapalo.com. can be seen along with 22 videos. I can attest to the truth of those videos as we have been our there several times on just this visit. My husband came last year and the differences between then and now are evident. But again, I would do all the due diligence as you suggested before investing in anything.

maravilla

people said the exact same thing about you know who — they’d met with so and so, saw their offices, yada yada yada. they raved about the infrastructure, the this and the that, and in the end that was about all that got completed, maybe a guard shack or two, and now look where those investors are. i guess i am just too much of a skeptic after being here this long and seeing one project after another go belly up or never get completed and leaving a lot of hard-working honest people holding the bag (of dog poo!)

bogino
    Participant

When there are so many ready built homes for sale where you can see exactly what you’re getting as well as there being a huge amount of lots for sale allowing the buyer to customize and control what they’e building why would anyone even think of forking money over to a developer over time on the premise that the project “may” eventually get completed? Why even take that risk when there are so many other less riskier option? Maybe I’m missing something:roll::roll:

Jungfraujoch
    Participant

Any news about the Project?

ltrpi75

Website does not exist!

raggedjack

[quote=”ltrpi75″]Website does not exist![/quote]

It existed 2 minutes ago… too rich for my blood!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.