Gulf Oil Disaster – What to do

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Gulf Oil Disaster – What to do

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    kshatzer

Ahhh, a prime example of why I didn’t move to Costa Rica; couldn’t take all you enviornmental wacoos that want to sit around and sing kumbyah all day long. I live on the gulf coast and although it is bad, it is not as bad as the media plays it up to be. With all you doomsayers plus the NY Times we all would be back to horses and buggies with a life expectancy of 30 years.

simondg

[quote=”maravilla”]this will really put you over the top. big business and greed are antithetical to the welfare of the inhabitants on Earth.
    at least in China, they will execute the executives of companies who commit the most heinous crimes of damaging the environment. hmmmmmmm. how about stuffing that Hayward guy headfirst into that well?

VBS.TV
    http://www.vbs.tv[/quote%5D

Sure why not execute the people that took all the financial risks to enable the American economy to function with lower gas prices for decades? Without offshore drilling I wonder what the price of gasonline would have been over the last twenty years?

waggoner41

[quote=”maravilla”] Sure why not execute the people that took all the financial risks to enable the American economy to function with lower gas prices for decades? Without offshore drilling I wonder what the price of gasonline would have been over the last twenty years?[/quote]

I wonder what the total is that has been paid out to the petroleum industry with our tax money through the federal government to keep those prices low.
    I would bet that in total we have paid European prices when you include those handouts.

maravilla

hey, waggoner, that’s not MY quote. someone else cribbed a part of my post and then added THAT comment, but i would never say that! jejeje and you are correct — if not for those hand-outs we’d be paying $11 a gallon for gas as they do in Britain. and what about what we pay in CR — more than double what it costs in colorado right now.

edlreed

[quote=”simondg”][quote=”maravilla”]this will really put you over the top. big business and greed are antithetical to the welfare of the inhabitants on Earth.
    at least in China, they will execute the executives of companies who commit the most heinous crimes of damaging the environment. hmmmmmmm. how about stuffing that Hayward guy headfirst into that well?

VBS.TV
    http://www.vbs.tv[/quote%5D

Sure why not execute the people that took all the financial risks to enable the American economy to function with lower gas prices for decades? Without offshore drilling I wonder what the price of gasonline would have been over the last twenty years?[/quote]
    A “functioning economy”? We’ve become a country of middle men and service industry employees owned by foreigners, and you take pride in that? Just what is a derivative and the money market (billions exchanged a day) but pure speculation in hot air that is, in fact, further destroying OUR economy. I ask again…Just who do you guys champion? Day traders sitting on their butts and the international corporations?

maravilla

edlreed said:

Just who do you guys champion? Day traders sitting on their butts and the international corporations?

Apparently that IS who they champion — multinationals, fiat money, robber barons, and the whole gamut of industrialists hellbent on destroying everything just to increase profit share and dividends. and i don’t get how people can be opposed to wanting to preserve our planet. where do they plan to live when this place is completely unlivable? imagine living in Linden, China, and not having the wherewithal to relocate?

sstarkey

[quote=”kshatzer”]Ahhh, a prime example of why I didn’t move to Costa Rica; couldn’t take all you enviornmental wacoos that want to sit around and sing kumbyah all day long. I live on the gulf coast and although it is bad, it is not as bad as the media plays it up to be. With all you doomsayers plus the NY Times we all would be back to horses and buggies with a life expectancy of 30 years.[/quote]

May I ask why, since you have such disdain for those who live in or are interested in Costa Rica, are you posting on this forum? What interest could you possibly have?

I’m surely glad you think that the gulf coast damage won’t be as bad as ‘the media’ says it is. Perhaps you’re right. I do have to wonder, however, if your rosy view is shared by the other humans who live and work there, as well as the wildlife that cannot speak for themselves who are now, as we speak, drowning in deadly toxins.

edlreed

[quote=”sstarkey”][quote=”kshatzer”]Ahhh, a prime example of why I didn’t move to Costa Rica; couldn’t take all you enviornmental wacoos that want to sit around and sing kumbyah all day long. I live on the gulf coast and although it is bad, it is not as bad as the media plays it up to be. With all you doomsayers plus the NY Times we all would be back to horses and buggies with a life expectancy of 30 years.[/quote]

May I ask why, since you have such disdain for those who live in or are interested in Costa Rica, are you posting on this forum? What interest could you possibly have?

I’m surely glad you think that the gulf coast damage won’t be as bad as ‘the media’ says it is. Perhaps you’re right. I do have to wonder, however, if your rosy view is shared by the other humans who live and work there, as well as the wildlife that cannot speak for themselves who are now, as we speak, drowning in deadly toxins.[/quote]

Well said, and if I may add, a caveat. My friends live in Bay St Louis, she works for Habitat for Humanity and he is a tug boat captain, and they are right in the middle of this mess. I cannot be as polite to this joker as you. Lifestyles built on generations are endangered as well as the wildlife. Comments and observations such as this are totally indicative of the concern these kind of “humans” have for their neighbors. But then again, who are we to show and feel this concern as opposed to how the Dow Jones did today. Mister, I’ll hum Kumbaya in your ear. Figure it out quick, you stand on a shaky and immoral platform.

waggoner41

[quote=”kshatzer”]Ahhh, a prime example of why I didn’t move to Costa Rica; couldn’t take all you enviornmental wacoos that want to sit around and sing kumbyah all day long. I live on the gulf coast and although it is bad, it is not as bad as the media plays it up to be. With all you doomsayers plus the NY Times we all would be back to horses and buggies with a life expectancy of 30 years.[/quote]

Lives on the Gulf ooast but obviously doesn’t make a living on the Gulf coast. He doesn’t state where on the Gulf coast he lives either. Kinda hard to tell if he is blind to the plight of others or just out of the way.

waggoner41

This comment gives good reason for most of us to say “Thank God he cant deal with it.”

maravilla

for me, i’m happy he’s not moving to costa rica if he cares so little about the environment and those who live in it.

simondg

I wonder what the total is that has been paid out to the petroleum industry with our tax money through the federal government to keep those prices low.
    I would bet that in total we have paid European prices when you include those handouts.[/quote]

To be honest I idea how much has been paid in subsidies, do you? But if you are correct and your Government has interfered in the free market it is they who would be to blame for making a false market that then encouraged people to drive Hummers etc…(possibly the most tasteless car in the world).

simondg

[quote=”maravilla”]hey, waggoner, that’s not MY quote. someone else cribbed a part of my post and then added THAT comment, but i would never say that! jejeje and you are correct — if not for those hand-outs we’d be paying $11 a gallon for gas as they do in Britain. and what about what we pay in CR — more than double what it costs in colorado right now.[/quote]

You seem to be in favour of the fake market your Government created. The reality is though that my point is probably not that accurate either since oil prices are set in the middle east and not in the U.S. But I find your comments in favour of execution quite disturbing, joking or not.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.