Guidance 4 opening a business in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Guidance 4 opening a business in Costa Rica

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Minuit

Costaricafinca, I’m sorry if I led you to understand otherwise, but my friends bought an existing B&B. They signed the residency papers while they were in CR and started operating their business right away. I did not see anything against doing it on the link of ARCR link you submitted before in this thread. It says now the minimum investment is 200 000.00$ I don’t know how much it was 5 years ago, but I know they were legally permitted to work and operate their business.
    I just thought my comment could help these people who wants to come to Costa Rica with the intent to work here. I know that with a rentista o pensionado residency status, work is not permitted. Just wanted to highlight another option
    Hasta Luego
    Jo

costaricafinca
    Participant

Jo, no problem! I was adding the other info. as many think that they can buy a ‘regular home’, and convert it to a B&B to obtain the status of inversionista. Obviously cheaper than purchasing an existing B&B with an ‘existing clientèle’ that may already be in the tour/travel books. The property that your friends probably already had the ‘blessings’ to be accepted for this status and with that, the folks who purchased that will have no limitations on their doing the physical work. We tried to obtain this status, originally, and it is difficult, even more so that getting pensionado or rentista…and that was 6 years ago, so imagine trying to ‘do’ it now!
    You have to provide info on costs, how many ‘locals’ will you hire,etc with the questions going on and on. We gave up!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.