Grecia Farmers Market

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Grecia Farmers Market

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wdbceb

Is the Grecia farmers market open daily or only on certain days?

barbara ann

as far as I know only open Fridays from 1-5….Holidays sometimes change the day. We go there often. It is wonderful, lots of hydroponic and organic products. It is not easy to find. All you see is a driveway going back in between buildings, there is a 500 colon parking fee and 500 colon if you want a shopping cart. It is worth the trip. That is the only place I can get that non nutritional iceberg lettuce. There are three places to eat there, one woman makes fresh pupusas. there are meats, fish as well as some clothing, shoes, etc. We leave from Jaco about 11 or 11:30.

costaricafinca
    Participant

I don’t know of any town that has a [i]feria[/i] open every day. The Grecia [i]feria[/i] is open afternoon Fri and possibly in the AM Sat…

barbara ann

Grecia is open from 1-5, we have been there before 1 and they are setting up.

colleen.1

[quote=”wdbceb”]Is the Grecia farmers market open daily or only on certain days?[/quote]The market is open every Friday afternoon and Saturday mornings till midday but get there early as many of the stalls are closed. If a national holiday falls on either day then they do have an alternate day in the week.

The market at the bus station en el centro is open Monday through Saturday. Their price are much cheaper and most of the stalls are equally as fresh as the feria.

Tom
    Grecia

mleuck48

I have been to Grecia previously searching for the Farmers Market. We were unable to locate it. Would someone please provide specific directions to locate the Farmers Market once you are in Grecia?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.