Great article on Golf!

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Great article on Golf!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    *Lotus

As an avid golfer I really appreciated this article [ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/Golf_Courses_In_Costa_Rica.cfm ] there were a couple on there I was not aware of. I have played a few of these courses including the magnificent Palmer course while we honeymooned at the Four Seasons two years ago.

Los Suenos also offers twilight rates and if you are a legal resident of CR there is also a nice discount. This is also a beautiful course, one of the most beautiful I have ever played.

I have already sent this article off to two friends!!

Scott, you should have someone write an article on the various surfing destinations. I have a friend who grew up in Playa Hermosa (and is also part of a RE development group) who would be ideal. He is a competitive surfer and and knowledgeable, honest all around great person.

Although at times things get a little “caliente” in the forum; this site continues to be the best source for all things Costa Rica. I enjoy reading the articles and watching the videos. There is no better place to start your search to buy a property,get relocation information and tap into a knowledgeable user base. From here the WLCR.com user has a solid base to build on and begin their wonderful journey, with all it’s twists and turns through the Costa Rican maze. Pura Vida!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thank you, I am trying to get Fabio to do some regular articles as this is a subject we need to expand on …

Scott

rcpoppell

If readers want to get 1st hand surfing info….I suggest they visit Estorillos Oeste, rent a board & start paddling.
    This destination is also covered by recommended realtor Dave Treadway.

mediatica

Hacienda Pinilla also has specials for locals, as well as packages you can buy (yearly passes which cut down the green fees by 50%). There are also specials for later tee times. While Reserva Conchal may be technically private, I’ve never had an issue getting a client or two in there to play. Both are beautiful courses, with Reserva being more challenging. I agree that the article was a good one!

The rates at most of those courses are way to rich for my blood. The ticos must not play much golf. It’s only for the rich tourists. Costa Rica is becomming way to expensive.

mediatica

I never knew golf to be a sport for those without some funds, but there are ways to make it more affordable. There are $25 ladies day at Hacienda Pinilla and many of the more local golf courses. You don’t have to be rich to play golf. Some courses are cheaper than others….There are plenty of Ticos playing golf and they probably have a membership and/or play local rates.

*Lotus

there are a few courses in the central valley that are reasonable. The Iguana course also has special programs for local kids.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.