Grand Mall Seizures in Dogs.

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Grand Mall Seizures in Dogs.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    DavidCMurray
    Participant

Julie, elsewhere in this forum we’ve talked about mail and package forwarding from the U.S. I have a mail-in pharmacy service which sends me drugs to my Florida mailing address and they come right through. Shipments from your vet or Pet Meds likely would, too.

If you e-mail me, I’ll give you the e-mail address of my vet who you could ask about the alternatives.

daveandmarcia@racsa.co.cr

dreammakers

Thanks David. I have e-mailed you. Will check out other topics when I have time at work.

Julie

Dear David:

Thanks for all your efforts on this subject. Currently I am weaning my beefy boy from phenobarbital over to potassium bromide. The phenobarbital wasn’t stopping the seizures at all. I think potassium bromide (Br.) might be easier to find in Costa Rica, but here in Portland has a lab to make up the compound for my boy. This has been an event to say the least because the phenobarbital has really been hard on him. My vet is confident that we can make the switch and eventually find the proper dosage that will keep the seizures at bay.

I will not be retiring until June or July 2009 so I have time to find the level drug that will work as well as figure out how to have the same medication in Costa Rica. I start to visit again next month, May 18 to June 2, so over the next three years I will figure out everything I need to do.

Again thanks for all the information you gathered on this subject, it was very helpful.

Tom in Portland

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.