Google earth

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Google earth

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    johnnyh

How come one can get better definition from Google maps or Google earth here in the States? And another thing, when will street view be available for Central America? So far Mexico has it, as well as some countries in South America.

The other day someone sent me a link to a 1080 HD video of San Jose, and frankly I was shocked at the amount of people that were on Avenida Central.

As a 9 or 10 year old, it was a treat to have my old man fly from Puerto Limon and visit me while I was staying with one of my aunts home in Barrio Mexico while I was at the La Salle school, but I recall taking a taxi with my dad, and shopping for Marklin HO trains and accessories at the Universal in San Jose.

There was also a store called the Gran Via where you could find all kinds of cheeses and chocolates. This was back in 1958-60. This was at a time when you still had traffic on Avenida Central.

I still preferred living in Puerto Limon and going to the beach that was only a skip and jump from the main road going to Moin. At that time it was called the “Zona Americana” and it brings back memories that I will never forget.

So, I’m still undecided whether I want to retire in Jaco, Escazu, or somewhere’s around Puerto Viejo.

waggoner41

[quote=”johnnyh”]How come one can get better definition from Google maps or Google earth here in the States? And another thing, when will street view be available for Central America? So far Mexico has it, as well as some countries in South America.[/quote]

These are questions better put to Google Earth technicians. Costa Rica is probably not among the most important areas to consider for street view although I was surprised that the San Jose view has 3D buildings.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.