Giving Birth in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Giving Birth in Costa Rica

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    happygirl

To add to what Raven posted, I would like to say that my Tica friend had her baby with the father in attendance. I am sorry I do not know at which hospital, but could probably find out that information.

Charlie

I am a U.S. citizen. My son was born here 3 years ago. I had gone to the Clinica Sta. Rita in San Jose. They allowed me to be in the waiting area, and as soon as my son was born , I was taken in to hold him. The total cost back then was about $2500 for C-section and 2 day stay , with me included , bed , food.

I still haven´t received my residency here because I still live and work in the U.S. However, my son has a Costa Rican birth certificate obviously, and I have to say, when I went to the U.S. Embassy about 3 months after he was born, I applied for a U.S. Consulate Report of a U.S. Citizen Born Abroad ( his official birth certificate ) and a U.S. Passport for him. The offical there wanted all kinds of proof we were living in the U.S. for them to do this. I gave them Tax returns, Current Driver´s License, and mortgage statement. They requested my high school transcripts too, but I argued why that would do any good if I graduated over 25 years ago ! Nonetheless, I was able to complete it all, but I had the sense that the official was not going to grant the passport if I was actually living here. This is only based on my experience , not a fact .

I have read page 4-5 of my U.S. passport , and it lists possible reasons why one would lose U.S. Citizenship. No.8, it does not say anything about one being born in another country. In fact. no. 9 states that one can have dual citizenship.

Jerry

I do not know about every where else in the country, but I had absolutely NO problem with being present for my sons birth.
    Jerry in Las Colonias de La Suiza

GringoTico

Jerry,

Is that La Suiza de Turrialba???

My second son was born at Hospital México, and they didn’t even allow me to visit.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.