Gasoline stations cheat Gringos

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Gasoline stations cheat Gringos

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    barbara ann

I wrote once before about the stealing at the gas stations, especially the one just before the auto pista at the jaco exit. We caught the attendant again.

WHEN YOU GET GAS IN THIS COUNTRY, get out of the car look at the pump, check the receipt and make sure they aren’t adding money to it. Today they tried 10000 colones. We always watch the guys at the pump. Just think about how much money they make if they do that ten times a day. This is not the only station. Last time we got the owner involved and he fired the attendant. It has happened to us in Escazu also

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”barbara ann”]I wrote once before about the stealing at the gas stations, especially the one just before the auto pista at the jaco exit. We caught the attendant again.

WHEN YOU GET GAS IN THIS COUNTRY, get out of the car look at the pump, check the receipt and make sure they aren’t adding money to it. Today they tried 10000 colones. We always watch the guys at the pump. Just think about how much money they make if they do that ten times a day. This is not the only station. Last time we got the owner involved and he fired the attendant. It has happened to us in Escazu also[/quote]

Always get out of the vehicle… Look at the pump and make sure it starts at zero! Also order gas by “amount”… ie Dias mill colones…. Telling them to “fill it up” makes it too easy to pad the bill!

Doug Ward

Wrong ! Gas stations cheat stupid people. So do hardware stores. Do you know how much 100 count of tornillos amarillos tres pulgadas para madera weighs ?
    Ya better ! I assure you there is NOT 100 in the box.
    Do you have a gram-kilo scale at home ?In the car ?
    Ya better buy one(two) !
    Keep it in the trunk. Go buy 5 kilos of ‘whatever’. Once he bags it run out and get your scale. Look at the look on his-her-it’s face !!!
    Welcome to the lying thief capital of planet…planet…….SHIT—-they stole the name of the planet too.:wink:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.