Frustration about this Discussion Forum

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Frustration about this Discussion Forum

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    micololo

English is not my native language so it takes me some time to understand it.
    I was reading an article about importing a car and at the end I wanted to answer it. But time ran out. Lost everything.
    It’s very a bad thing this short time allowed. Its decouraging me to write or read articles

Edited on Jun 21, 2009 18:40

I’m sorry your English is not as good as a native english speeker.
    I have not had any problem with being timed out untill I start to jump to another site, such as a location mentioned on the origional site. When I get timed out, I simply reload from the begining. This worksevery time.

I have found “We Love Costa Rica” both informative and enteraining.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Sorry about that but please note the last paragraph above which clearly states:

“Lastly, if you are writing a long post, please type it up on your computer first and then paste into the Forum otherwise you might get timed out.”

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

grb1063

Micolo

You can cut and paste articles into Microsoft Word and then use the translation function into your language. Although I can read and understand Italian relatively well, it is much more streamlined to translate it this way until I become more fluent.

micololo

It was not a subject on the forum it was an article. By the time I’ve read and understand the article not much time left to answer at the bottom of the page. At the second line written it went out. Gosh… I left and close the window.

What’s the reason why giving short time to the users of the site?

Edited on Jun 22, 2009 15:18

grb1063

Write your response on MS Word, re-log into the site and then cut & paste. Many secure web sites or those requiring a log-in time out after a period of inactivity.

micololo

Thank you for the exlpanation

Alfred

Micoloco,

I used to have that problem and found if you just hit the “preview reply” button on what you have already written before you get timed out, and then go back to “edit this reply”, the timer starts all over again and you can complete your post.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.