Frontier airlines to start service to Liberia

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Frontier airlines to start service to Liberia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mediatica

I read that Fronier Airlines will start flying into Liberia starting in February 2011. I hope other airlines will follow. More competition will hopefully help lower prices to get them a little closer to SJO fares. Here is a link to the article in the Denver Post: http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_15940216#ixzz0yFW6PFYt

costaricafinca
    Participant

The previous Canadian Ambassador to Costa Rica has been working with [url=http://www.westjet.com/]WestJet[/url], Canada’s low cost airline, on behalf of all the Canadians living and vacationing here, into starting direct flights from Western Canada, into Costa Rica, hopefully Liberia, starting this fall.
    [i]We will keep our fingers crossed …..[/i]

costaricabill
    Participant

After landing in SJO on my flight back from Orlando on Monday, I asked one of the JetBlue pilots if he had heard anything about JetBlue flying into Liberia or if it would do any good to email JetBlue and encourage their consideration of adding Liberia as a destination.
    He said that he had been told by the SJO JetBlue staion manager that she had been in contact with CR air authority about availability of gate space in Liberia, but he (the pilot) had no additional information.
    I mentioned that Liberia’s load factor for all US based airlines was over 90% in season and over 80% in the lowest of low season, and it would be great if JetBlue could enter that market and chip away at the unreasonably high prices charged by American, Continental, Delta and US Air.
    He suggested that it never hurts to email JetBlue through their web site and I have done that – I hope you do so as well!

klyph

Rumour has it that Westjet will start flying into Costa Rica in November. But it is still unclear as to which airport.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Since many [i]snowbirds [/i]love the beach, I sure hope it is Liberia….:D

mediatica

CRBill: I am flying the Jet Blue flight to Orlando from SJO for the first time on October 2nd. I am looking forward to that flight, but obviously the 4 hour drive to SJO to take that flight is the negative. We are actually flying to Tampa and taking the easy drive from the Orlando airport to Tampa. I will be sure to email Jet Blue, as I think a flight to LIR would be welcomed and a smart move for them!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.