Friends of Bill W

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Friends of Bill W

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    kathyinchino

I will be in CR from Jan 25 – Feb 24. Am looking for AA folks to connect with and AA mtgs to go to. I will be staying in San Ramon. I am hoping to set up a support system prior to my arrival.

Kathy

crltd

[quote=”kathyinchino”]I will be in CR from Jan 25 – Feb 24. Am looking for AA folks to connect with and AA mtgs to go to. I will be staying in San Ramon. I am hoping to set up a support system prior to my arrival.

Kathy[/quote]
    meetings are scattered through out the country. san jose, jaco, quepos and manuel antonio have regular meetings that i attend.
    good luck and as always, call inner group.
    crltd

jonnyb

I’m glad to see this topic. How about Al Anon meetings in English? I looked online and could find only one (I think it was in Grecia). Is that really the case? Thanks.

mediatica

From my understanding, there are also meetings in the Tamarindo/Flamingo area in English.

wspeed1195

been to meetings in several places,montezuma has A meeting,in the coolest shack.I wish I knew how to post pics.Jaco has AA and NA meetings.
    in the states I’m solely NA,since I’m A junkie.yet when I lived in costa,and when I go back I cross dress.theirs not NA or AA everywhere so I’m ok with switch hitting.
    and when I got clean in prison I actually had only AA so i’m familiar with all their lit. steps tr. concepts,and still stay abreast of it.
    My biz partner,she’s an LCSW with all the extra letters and i have formed a corp for A long term facility for people from the states,and then A sponsorship program for the Ticos.
    personally I don’t believe in short term facilities.I say 3-6 mos. or keep your money and go to meetings.I’ve been associatted with many friends,and an ex wife who’ve worked in centers.they are to engrossed in the profit,and ins. extortion.
    I’ve been clean 22 years and have been fortunate to have seen it all.

crltd

22 years is a blessing. congratulations.
    the tropical oasis in esterillos centro has a minimum 60 day stay for $10,000 which is pretty inexpensive from what the state’s charge.
    good group and one on one therapy. excellent food.
    but yeah, they are in it to make money.
    take care all,
    crltd

wspeed1195

[quote=”crltd”]22 years is a blessing. congratulations.
    the tropical oasis in esterillos centro has a minimum 60 day stay for $10,000 which is pretty inexpensive from what the state’s charge.
    good group and one on one therapy. excellent food.
    but yeah, they are in it to make money.
    take care all,
    crltd[/quote]they moved from Orotina?
    I’m familiar with the facility.sat in many A meeting with A few of the guys there, and actually have maintained contact with some of the clients who chose to stay in touch.

fredo

I don’t know if you’re looking for English meetings or Spanish. There are many Spanish meetings all over CR. English ones are a little fewer, but still findable. I lived in Grecia and there are English meetings on Mon, Wed, and Fri at noon. This isn’t too far from San Ramon.

I also got an e-mail, recently, announcing a new AA English meeting in San Ramon. Unfortunately I didn’t save it, but if you’re going to be in San Ramon, somebody must know about it.

Good luck.

ECON

[quote=”kathyinchino”]I will be in CR from Jan 25 – Feb 24. Am looking for AA folks to connect with and AA mtgs to go to. I will be staying in San Ramon. I am hoping to set up a support system prior to my arrival.

Kathy[/quote]
    We have 8 meetings a week in Escazu, same in dowtown San Jose
    You can email me at tjwright5187@yahoo.com and I can get you more info on the other area´s
    T J

ECON

[quote=”jonnyb”]I’m glad to see this topic. How about Al Anon meetings in English? I looked online and could find only one (I think it was in Grecia). Is that really the case? Thanks.[/quote]

New al-anon at 10 30 on sat in escazu at ibc church.
    email tjwright5187@yahoo.com for directions.

I’ve started to update this but have a feeling now that the Peak Season is upon us, there will be some changes:

http://LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2008/01/resources-12-step-aa-na-meetings.html

If you know of any updated info, please let me know at Vicki@CostaRicaResourceGuide.com

kathyinchino

Hi Vicky,
    I got waylaid with the holidays and forgot to check this site for responses to my post. Was delighted to hear from you and to access all your info. I will be researching it further, but wanted to touch base with you to thank you for your reply. I plan to stay in touch and perhaps hook up when I am there for the month. Where are you located? Where do you go to mtgs?

Pura Vida,
    Kathy

kathyinchino

Hi all friends of Bill W
    I got waylaid with the holidays and forgot to check this site for responses to my post. Was delighted to hear from all of you. Besides finding my own mtgs and hooking up with the fellowship, I am seeking opportunities to offer equine-assisted psychotherapy to persons with addictions so am trying to locate people, programs, etc who might be interested in my services. Any ideas? Thank you for your reply. I plan to stay in touch and perhaps hook up when I am there for the month. I need a temporary sponsor while there. Am doing Step 4 so could use some help. Anyone available?
    Pura Vida,
    Kathy

2bncr

Who is Bill W? A code or something?

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”2bncr”]Who is Bill W? A code or something?[/quote]

AA members are referred to as such… Although I really know a Bill W…. LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.