fractional ownership in Costa Rica not as popular?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum fractional ownership in Costa Rica not as popular?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    munich

Hi Scott,

My husband and I love the idea of sharing a vacation home in CR and have been looking for 2-3 partners to participate in shared ownership. After 8 months of searching we came to the conclusion that it must not be as popular as it is in the States. Do you know of anybody who offers fractionals? Have you had any inquiries?

Andrew
    Keymaster

No I have not ‘munich’

I did look into this when we started the ‘How To Buy Costa Rica Real Estatw Without Losing Your Camisa’ book but there was simply nothing there to write about …

Scott Oliver
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

jiten

Hi Scott,

I have also wondered why Fractional ownership or Timeshares are not popular in Costa Rica. With the sudden explosion of Condos being built in Beachfront areas, many people are using them as investments and looking at rental income and price appreciation as a viable investment. Over the last few years especially the prices have gone up consderably. Do you think it is high time that Timeshares and Fractional Ownership might be a growth opportunity at this time. I have invested in quite a few Ocean front condos and was looking into this possibility as a growth opportunity. Any thoughts??

Jiten

mediatica

Munich: Currently I know of one project in Guanacaste that is offering fractional ownership. And, to answer your question, it is gaining in popularity out here at the beaches.. slowly but surely. This particular opportunity starts at 300k for an oceanview condo. Fractional ownership starts at 115k. Hope this helps.

koty

Theres a guy selling part of his oceanview condo in the hills outside of Jaco. Its beautiful. I could getyou the website I first found it on if anyone is interested.

Koty

Triroy

1/4 Timeshares
    I would like to know where that Timeshare Project mentioned above is and the contact info. I have some great ocean vieww property and I feel that 1/4 Timeshares would be be the best use of it with a Rental agency renting it for times when the owner is not there ,if wanted to cover annual costs and make some income.
    Are many people interested in such timeshares? My feeling is yes the Boomers are coming and want something like that for an investment as well as a place to hang out.
    Anyone who knows of a Timeshare project in Costa Rica , particularily 1/4 Timeshares please send me some contact info so I can get my project going.

mediatica

The timeshare opportunity is in Nosara. It’s called Ocio I believe. I think they have a website.

Triroy

I tried to look up the Nosara Time share project, but to no avail. Anyone have some info on Time share projects in Costa Rica?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

RCI (Resort Condominiums, Inc (I think)) is an outfit that facilitates the owners of timeshares trading them. They represent timeshare developments all over the world. They publish a directory of timeshare developments which your local timeshare probably has. If there are RCI-affiliated timeshare developments anywhere in Costa Rica, that directory will list them.

You could do a Google search on RCI or on timeshares and find them.

There are also web-based companies that rent and resell timeshares. Their listings might give you a lead on timeshare developments in Costa Rica, too.

Before you buy into a timeshare, send me an e-mail message: daveandmarcia@racsa.co.cr.

*Lotus

The new Ramada condo and hotel being built in Jaco is part of the RCI network.

Andrew
    Keymaster

David – If you have some personal insights into timeshares, I would love to be able to use them as an article….?

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.