Fishing

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Fishing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    iblegal

Hello, I was interested in moving to CR and starting a sports fishing business. Is this a possibility or do you know others who have started other businesses? Thanks in advance. Robert

dkt2u

It’s a competetive business down here, but like any other kind of businesses there are good and bad ones. The one thing I have noticed most here since moving is that whether you are dealing with a Tico run business or many American run business, neither take marketing their business very seriously. There are exceptions of course. Perhaps it is that most came down not wanting to work 9 to 5 and run a full time business but still need some income. I think if you run a professional business and market it well, one can be successful. I would suggest coming down and making the investment of going out on at least 4 or 5 sport fishing boats, maybe a couple of times each. See how they operate and take lots of mental notes on what you could do better, or things you think you could improve on that would make your business stand out above the rest. Spending perhaps $5K doing research will pay off in the long run and you’ll ideally have a lot of fun while doing it.

mbrydenthal

Surf Fishing….What type of fish can you expect to catch off the north Pacific Coast, if you fish from the shore????

*Lotus

Not a lot of surf fishing going on, but probaly rooster fish, maybe barracuda. I fished inshore about a kilometer off the coast and caught a large dorado. I can tell you as a surfer I have encountered many large fish jumping near me. I also enjoy fishing but found it difficult to find a tackle shop, so bring your gear. Check the tico times, http://www.ticotimes.net there is a very good fishing article in each issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.