Fishing in Jaco – Quepos

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Fishing in Jaco – Quepos

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Charlie

I know there are plenty of tours available for fishing. Just wanted to know where in Jaco or Quepos would someone recommend a day of fishing in a boat . Like anything , there are probably some charters better than others . Maybe 6 guys going in March. None of us are pro’s , all rookies . If you know the rates , I appreciate it .

buettner

There are several boats I would recommend running offshore (sailfish, marlin and mahi) out of Quepos. There are others I would recommend for near shore (roosterfish) and yet others for drift fishing for tarpon. Depending upon if you want to use conventional gear I would recommend Captain Tony Tarralo on the Bluewater II. Tony will charge between $800 to $1000USD depending upon the type of fishing, his availability and which boat he takes you out on (he has a 30 and 36 footer). He can be reached at tonybluewater@msn.com. My wife and I went with him last April and caught an 850 pound black marlin. If catching sails by fly fishing is what you would prefer, then definitely go on Caribsea. This is a 46 foot Guthrie and is exteremely stable (not that you need it as Costa Rica waters are the calmest you can find). Caribsea will run about $1300USD for the full day. Contact Dennis Arnold at quintatucan@racsa.co.cr. Dennis was one of the first sportfishing captains in Quepos. Been down there since the 70s. He will also act as a personal videographer in case you want a video of your trip. To see some of his videos, please go to http://www.entropysportfishing.com and click into the Costa Rica fishing page. There are 2 videos on pelagic fly fishing: one for teasing them up and the other with SPECTACULAR jumps!!! Check out the girl in the green bikini. She is about 12 years old and landed a 125 pound sail all by herself on a 14 weight fly rod. The conventional tackle video shows our black marlin briefly – on Tony’s 36 foot boat. Both of these boats have english speaking crews, provide all your food and beverages and are a wealth of information… When you come back to the States look me up and we’ll do some fishing on the Chesapeake… Be sure to tell Tony or Dennis I sent you.

Captain Joey Buettner, Owner/Operator
    ENTROPY Sport Fishing, LLC
    contact@entropysportfishing.com

Charlie

Thanks for the very detailed info.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hmmm! Smells fishy to me ….

This looks very much like one of those ‘commercial posts’ we warn people about there Captain Joey but since I don’t understand fishing jargon too well, I guess I’ll havwe to let it slide.

🙂

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.