First Night Hotel Arriving in San Jose

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum First Night Hotel Arriving in San Jose

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel the first night of arrival in San Jose? We will be heading off to Tambor in the morning where we purchased some property we are going to start building. Also, how far actually is Montezuma from Tambor? We were thinking of getting a room at a hotel there, something not too expensive. Any recommendations? Thanks and Happy New Year!

Ripple33

As for a recomendation on hotel in San Jose that all depends on price you want to spend, what kind of accomodations you want, whether you want to be in the city or in the suberbs ect. I like Pico Blanco which is on the south side of Escazu (san antonio de escazu). It is a little drive from the airport(maybe 20 or 25 min). Their rates are good and the air is much fresher than staying in the city. I used to stay alot at Buena Vista on the road to Poas from Alejuela. That is closer to the airport and puts you closer to the main highway to drive to Puntarenas. The prices have gone up since they opened several years ago. Nice place though and very nice people there. Montezuma is a short 15-20 min drive from Tambor. The roads were not good the last time I went. Malpais is also not very far away but a little more drive than Montezuma.Good luck and have fun.

John

koty

Last time we stayed at hotel Pura Vida. A beautiful little family owned hotel with the most heavenly home made gourmet dinners and breakfasts. You have to order ahead if you want dinner. Its spendy but wonderful after a full day of travel. It has a beautiful view of Poas and wonderful gardens. They are in Alejuela, just past the courthouse.

Koty

John,
    Thanks for your response, it has been helpful. I think we will try the Buena Vista on the day of our arrival.
    Kelley

Kody,
    Thanks for the info, Kody. We don’t really want anything too pricey as our final destination is Tambor. But, it sounds like a nice place to try. Maybe we will try it on our last night in CR.
    Kelley

ssure

I really like Barcelo Palma Real. It’s in a quiet spot and the rooms/service/food are all good there in my opinion.

My husband and I stay at the Gran Hotel Costa Rica, in downtown San Jose. It is a good chance to see the downtown area without going to far out of your way. The National Theatre can be seen from your room. They have a 24 hour restaurant that is quite nice, a gym and free internet access. It is safe (of course, always be smart) and the staff are extremely professional. The rooms are always crisp and clean. The prices start around $70.00.

Thanks to everyone for your responses.

I just returned from CA. I stayed at the Buena Vista my last 2 day there. I found it to be great and would recommend it to anyone. You cannot go wrong there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.