Finding a Job – really need some help!

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Finding a Job – really need some help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Krishna

Hi All,

I’m looking to move to Costa Rica in July and am looking for a job. Whilst I have the most basic Spanish skills, I’m still limited. I’m ideally looking for an English speaking job. I’ve got over 10 years digital marketing experience, but am flexible, as long as I can support myself and stay in CR.

If anyone can provide any help or thoughts it would be most appreciated!
    Thank you!

CHERYLJK

You can not legally work here unless you are a resident or a citizen. Or if you have a special skill that no other Tico/Tica has, you might be able to find a job with a company.

If you have a business through the internet, that is possible. You can open your own business, but you can’t actually work it, meaning you can’t wait tables, cook, run a register, etc.

It is very difficult as a foreigner to come here and work/open a business.

You really need to research this before you take steps to move here.

Are you coming alone, or do you have children?

Have you been here before?

What area are you thinking of moving to?

I’m sure others with more knowledge than I will chime in here. Also, it is not cheap to live in Costa Rica. Yes, it can be done, depending on your lifestyle.

Just come on your own money and source of money, and if you can, work for a USA company on the Internet. Otherwise, starting making two or three weeks trips each year. Buy your ticket 330 days out for the best online fare with any of the major airlines. I did this for six years annually until I could come here on my retirement income in 2013.

Have a great trip down, this is a great country. If you need to make your cash reserve go further, then you can think about Nicaragua which is much, much cheaper if you stay our of the expat areas. Anyway, your Spanish will greatly improve if you live away from English speakers and live totally in a Tico or Nico neighborhood. Also, you can get nice buses from here to Nicaragua from here for your exploration if you want.

wynnette

Hi where is Nicaragua would you suggest? or should I ask you first have you been there? cheer wynn

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.