Find out if taxes are due on your corporation

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Find out if taxes are due on your corporation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    waggoner41

I knew that the new corporate taxes were due last April but could not find anyone who could track them down.
    With the corporate taxes coming due again on January 1st I iniciated another effort that came up empty and decided to track down the taxes myself.

To find out if you have any taxes due, apparently in any form, go to Rigistro National at: http://196.40.56.20/consultasic/wf_consultajuridicas.aspx click on CONSULTA and select “Personas Juridicas” you can enter the cedula number of your property and click on the “Consultar Sociedades” button below.

colleen.1

Am I being stupid but I simply cannot find the “Consultar Sociedades” button???

maravilla

i paid my taxes this year, about a month after the deadline in april, but only paid a $.05 a day penalty. so now the taxes for this year are due when exactly?

jreeves

I think they are due by 1/31? Can anyone else confirm if that is true?

Jessica

maravilla

enquiring minds want to know. i didn’t budget this expense for january, but i guess we have until march to pay our property taxes, right???

waggoner41

[quote=”colleen.1″]Am I being stupid but I simply cannot find the “Consultar Sociedades” button???[/quote]

Try this:
    http://196.40.56.20/consultasic/wf_consultajuridicas.aspx
    The first thing that should come up is a message. Close the message and click on CONSULTA and select PERSONAS JURIDICAS.

go to:

https://www.rnpdigital.com/index.htm

and click on “Consulta al impuesto de Personas Juridicas”

at the next page where it says “Cedula Juridica 3 101 ” you type in the last 6 numbers of your corp. number in the empty box and click on “entrar”

it already shows the amount for next year.

By the way, it is more then I had expected !! They calculate the tax over the “salario base” which you would think is the minimun wages required by law. Well, it seems they use the wages of an engineer or so…..:evil:

maravilla

thanks — i did put in the last 6 numbers and this is what came up:

PERIODOS PENDIENTES 0
    PYMES No
    ACTIVA HACIENDA/CONTRIBUYENTE No
    ESTADO INSCRITA
    A ESTE MOMENTO LA ENTIDAD SE ENCUENTRA PERSONA JURIDICA AL DIA

there was no tax listed or maybe i didn’t do it correctly?

maravilla

i just did it again and the amount came up.

A ESTE MOMENTO LA ENTIDAD SE ENCUENTRA PERSONA JURIDICA PENDIENTE DE PAGO
    MONTO IMPUESTO ¢94,850.00
    MONTO POR INTERESES ¢0.00
    MONTO A CANCELAR AL DIA DE HOY ¢94,850.00

BUT WHEN IS THIS DUE??

VictoriaLST

Now if someone can tell me what this means…….

Open periods 0
    SMEs No
    ACTIVE FINANCE / TAXPAYER No
    STATE REGISTERED
    At this time the entity is LEGAL PERSON A DAY

maravilla

if that’s all that came up you need to search it again and it will give you the amount due. what’s to understand about the above info? it’s inactive, you owe no back taxes, and the SA is in good standing.

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”maravilla”]i just did it again and the amount came up.

A ESTE MOMENTO LA ENTIDAD SE ENCUENTRA PERSONA JURIDICA PENDIENTE DE PAGO
    MONTO IMPUESTO ¢94,850.00
    MONTO POR INTERESES ¢0.00
    MONTO A CANCELAR AL DIA DE HOY ¢94,850.00

BUT WHEN IS THIS DUE??[/quote]

According to today’s AM Costa Rica, it appears that the deadline is 15-Jan.

maravilla

thanks. i just saw that notice in AMCR. i wonder what the penalty for being late is. last year it was $.05 a day. but i will probably just pay it on time and be done with it.

jreeves

I just read the AM CR article & I also didn’t expect to have to pay this by 1/15. I think we will also just pay it by the due date so we don’t have to worry about it.

Jessica

This is funny, they seem to be working on the page, mine came up yesterday and today there is nothing showing.

I think it will be due by the end of January, after that date you will start paying those tiny fines.

Attorneys should know more…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.