expats toxic citizens?!

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum expats toxic citizens?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    sprite

The article below lists some interesting facts, one of which is that the Patriot Act requires holders of accounts in US banks maintain a U.S. Address. This places expats in the same category as terrorists, arms dealers and money launderers. Without a U.S. address, U.S. banks are required to close your U.S. bank account. I would love to hear any of the U.S. expat slaves out there who still think their government is the best in the world to defend this.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/3414-american-expats-giving-up-citizenship-in-record-numbers

costaricabill
    Participant

so Sprite, I took the hook – I followed the link and read the article, including the 2 links imbedded in the article. Am I suppossed to be impressed that 502 expats relinguished their citizenship in the 4th quarter of 2010?

Using the lower of the 2 numbers found in the link and imbeded links, the estimated number of of expats is 4 million. Annualizing the “highest quarter ever” number of 502, we come up with approximately 2,000 expats that may relinguish their citizenship annually. Simple math reveals that equates to .0005, or 5/100ths of 1%.

If you use the higher number of 5.2 million, then the percentage drops to less than 4/100ths of 1%.

Do you find those to be impressive numbers?

I know you are constantly displaying your hatred for the U.S., so tell me where you would rather be, what country you think is the best in the world, why you think so, and and why you are still in the U.S.?

sprite

The renouncing of US citizenship was only one aspect of the article and not the one which impressed me. It is the growing control the government is getting over citizens in every area and the increasing number of Americans who are moving away from the States. Of course, not all of them are leaving for that reason. But there has been a jump in the numbers lately as trillions of dollars are conjured into existence by the banksters and commodity prices rise. Riots in the middle east and Europe in reaction to higher food costs and the general economic squeeze by these banking crooks and the governments they bought are making the world look more scary each day. Isn’t it probable that more Americans are looking for ways to escape an enslaving and crashing system?

costaricabill
    Participant

Sprite –
    Although I can and do often disagree with your wild-eyed rants and anti-US sentiment, I (confidentially) sometimes agree with the fringe of your arguments. But I noticed that you totally ignored the questions I asked! How can I attempt to offer a “fair & balanced” response if you ignore the questions?

And by the way, I have one more question –
    I know you think the GW Bush-profered Patriot Act started the most recent “big brother” syndrome, but can you deny that that the current administration has added to it, several times fold?

Also, I think you would get a lot more empathy and agreement in your arguments if you learned to tone down the rhetoric a bit …… “banksters ….. banking crooks … governments they bought …… enslaving and crashing system”. I hope you are smarter than that drivel!

sprite

Obama, Bush, Clinton…they are all puppets. It doesn’t seem to matter who the Owners put up as candidates, they all follow the same plan. Bush had the oil companies in his cabinet with him (Exxon), Obama has the banks (Goldman & Sachs). You and I are not represented and you and I would be wasting our time voting. We are the victims. We are the slaves. If you doubt this, ask yourself why you can’t move your money without permission and why, in some case, you can’t move it at all.

I think I’ll stick with my descriptions of the Banksters. After all, they are the people who, for three hundred years, have been working at controlling nations and eventually the world through control and creation of fiat currencies. They create economic booms and busts and false flag wars all to that end. In fact, I’ll amp it up a bit and go ahead and call them financial terrorists and mass murderers. I doubt they are exclusively American or European. I doubt they are exclusively of any race or religion. I don’t know of any reliable data base wherein their names are found, although quite a few are known by association and deduction.

I guess I am not writing these things for empathy or agreement. I really don’t expect anyone to change a lifetime of beliefs from reading any one opinion. But you should consider, even if briefly, that I, and many others, may be correct in this matter and you should take a little time and look into it. By the way, (if you are a US citizen) do you maintain a U.S. address if you have a U.S. bank account, as required by U.S. law? Or, do you have no U.S. address and keep all of your assets in Costa Rica or elsewhere outside the U.S.?

I don’t expect you to answer. These types of questions are dangerous for many people to answer. And why this is so is something you should think about.

markus
    Participant

Has anyone seen the documentary “Collapse”,which is basically an interview with Michael C. Ruppert. I thought it had very interesting points of view. Thoughts? Opinions? Arguments? Thank you,

sprite

I have seen it among many others presenting similar views. Rupperts main thing is peak oil and US government drug smuggling but this all tied in with our tyrannical monetary system. It is a wide subject and people Approach it from different starting points. Peak oil, Jewish domination of world finances, patriotism, religious end times predicitions etc.

2bncr

Frankly Sprite I find the erosion of civil liberties and the banks being extensions of big government revolting (all possible puns intended). What I find more revolting is the acceptance from the American public. This whole thing that big government is good and they protect us is the biggest bunch of crap I have ever seen anyone swallow. Ask a Tico if he/she thinks big government is good. Go ahead you big government believers, like David etc, ask them. Next time you are at the market ask the guy behind you what he thinks about the Tico government – I dare you. I know you won’t because you know what he will say.

Yeah expats are toxic to the free, unmotivated government hating Tico. Whatever happened to Emerson and Thoreau? Do they even teach about these greatest Americans anymore?

You see great American values of yesteryear here in CR but the good little expat followers display their gutlessness when it comes to saying no to watered down social liberties and doing what is right at the expense of the financial and/or social liberties. They actually encourage government participation. They subvert the human cause by perpetuating Big government because they bekiebe BIG government can solve problems effectively and efficiently. They can’t. Biggoverment is a multiheaded monster foster thiery and corruption.

I am not an anarchist. I do believe that government should be in the hands of the counties, not the state or the country. A multitude of small government so if the small local government is not to your liking you do not have to move so far to escape it.

Where have all the patriots gone,
    long time passes,
    where ahve all the patriots gone,
    long time ago.
    Where have all the patriots gone?
    Gone to grave yards everyone
    When will they ever learn?
    When will they ever learn.

I admire Obama’s youth and intellect, but like Sprite says, he aint the owner.

We don’t produce goods much in the US anymore and the same thing can be said about patriots.

The US has become technologically mesmerized and dehumanized more every day.

Those same dehumanizing factors are at play in Costa Rica furthered by their arrival via their Gringo host

Patriotism is about freedom and doing what is right to you fellow man. Not blindly following the rules because it is most comfortable to do so.

Being a patriot has nothing to do with comfort. It mandates discomfort and scrutiny.

The fat followers wealthy from greed at whomever’s expense and the government pensioners will never bite the hand that feeds them no matter the cost of freedom. They are despicable Americans. If you believe like I do that being American means inherent freedom, real freedom, then you know that they are the antithesis of what it means to us. They are the fat that that enables lethargy. They are the rust that corrodes what we were once.

The US has a culture of consumerism and greed above all things.

e pluribus unum (out of many one) and in God we Trust have fallen by the way side.

Community? Where?

Patriots? Where?

The motherland has raised a pack of good little followers and most of them are now toxicfying Costa Rica.

They cannot think outside the box. They cannot face the truth that the big government they support is the most corrupt, binding/freedom destroying machine ever created.

That word freedom has now changed in meaning. It used to mean without binds, unbound as in “Don’t tread on me!” not any more.

American freedom now means a system of financial binds and lifelong servitude traded for the possibily of living isolated in a tract of stucco mousuleums comfortably waiting to die.

I am not being dramatic…

It is us who should be in the streets revolting instead of here corrupting Tico culture.

maravilla

what i find interesting and more than little bit amusing is a certain gringo action committee who has petitioned the US Embassy for $200,000 to install security cameras around, near, and in almost totally gringo enclaves that have been hit by the ladrones. These cameras are supposed to help stop drug trafficking, as if it is all happening right there in the Magallanes corridor. and since when is it the Embassy’s job to provide security to a bunch of gringos who have been robbed of their goodies? i always thought their basic stance was don’t call us if you get busted for drugs, have a fight with your girlfriend, or need money. we are hear to give you a new passport and help ship your body back to the States should your croak on foreign soil. that’s it. and if they are going to fork out $200 grand for this group of expats, will they do the same for other groups in other latin american countries, or any country where there are expat settlements? and if they are going to spend that money in that community, then we want some of it for our community, too!!!

2bncr

aw the joy of a pompus overweight goverment purging their excess

sprite

I have a real hard time empathizing with any of my fellow countrymen who chose to live in a gated community in Costa Rica and are crying about crime. They moved to Costa Rica and brought their sick culture with them, you know, the culture of living segregated inside their safe little suburban homes without even knowing their neighbors, of driving everywhere sealed in their cars and relying exclusively on armed police to protect them every place they go.

They brought this dysfunctional sickness and fear to Costa Rica. They never even bother to learn Spanish enough to understand where they are and with whom they live. Insulated and insolent, now they want US government protection in a foreign country where THEY chose to live? No nation needs this kind of immigrant.

maravilla

Lloranes! i can’t even imagine in my wildest dreams that the Embajada is going to fork over this money. I talked to a couple of Ticos about this and they just laughed, saying it was so typical of gringo culture — moving to a foreign country, imposing their ideas and ideals, and then when it turns out not to be what they envisioned they run whining and crying to mama to help them. my personal feeling is if the Embajada is going to finance that folly, then they should protect all of us equally, not just the lloranes!

sprite

Llorones…cry babies. Nobody likes to be burgled and I don’t blame anyone who wants to do something to avoid it but walls and cameras may not be effective tools. In fact, they may be clear advertisements to thieves as to where their efforts will be amply rewarded.

Living in an open community of close neighbors with equal incomes and mutual interests may not be a guarantee for theft prevention, but it beats the hell out of hiding wealth behind a wall with cameras and guards. Economic disparity is a bitch and theft is one of the consequences.

maravilla

yes, but what about the rest of us who have been burgled. why aren’t we going to get cameras? talk about being pompous, thinking they deserve it more than anyone else.

sprite

[quote=”maravilla”]yes, but what about the rest of us who have been burgled. why aren’t we going to get cameras? talk about being pompous, thinking they deserve it more than anyone else.[/quote]

This is what economic disparity is all about…the haves and have nots and the resulting resentment, social unrest and other negative aspects. I remember reading an article posted by Scott on Costa Rican economic disparity statistics. I don’t recall if the CR government was concerned or not but I got the impression they were at least looking at the issue as a potential problem.

On a related note, I still feel uncomfortable being identified as a gringo in Costa Rica. Besides the perceived economic disparity between Ticos and gringos, there are so many bad examples of American behavior which appear anti social such as not bothering to learn the language or being too pushy and hurried about everything or segregating themselves from communities behind gated walls. I try not to think about it but it is hard to avoid sometiomes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.