Estimating home build project value

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Estimating home build project value

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    niterider999
    Participant

It appears that all home design/building fees are calculated as percentages of the project value as established by the Federated College of Engineers and Architects (CFIA). Does anyone know approximately what the current CFIA per square meter/foot valuation rate is? I heard that 400,000 colones/square meter is a good approximation but I have no idea if that is correct. Thanks.

The current CFIA fee percentages are as follows:
    1. Anteproyecto: 1% of estimated project value (1.5% if the project stops at this stage)
    2. Planos de construccion y especificaciones tecnicas: 4%
    3. Inspeccion: 3%
    4. Direccion Tecnica: 5%

niterider999
    Participant

Thanks but what I’m trying to figure out is how does the CFIA calculate the project value to which those fee percentages get applied? I assume they utilize a colones per square meter value to establish the official “project value” for the home but I can’t seem to find that valuation rate published anywhere.

Only members of the CFIA can present construction plans on-line for evaluation and permitting. So sooner or later you’ll need to trust a local architect or engineer to present your plans for review and they will explain the fees that you will need to pay.

orcas0606
    Participant

About a year ago I finished a decent(for Costa Rica) two house project in the
    Central Valley and it seems to me that 400-450000k M2 construction is a pretty
    good number to consider. No matter what, check the materials and the work being
    done. Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.