Esterillos Oeste Developers and our lawyer

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Esterillos Oeste Developers and our lawyer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    koty

Just got back from our 5th trip to Costa Rica and found a development company that we may be wanting to do business with.
    Anyone heard of or have an opinion on Costa Rica Limited? Also, we think we found a great lawyer in Quepos. He has been helping us with getting our concession property ready to go, setting up our corporation, purchasing property etc. He is very dilligent and detail oriented. Great English skills. I would be happy to share his name and number if people are interested. Let me know. By the way, we had a great trip, climbed up and jumped off a waterfall and took surf lessons! No problems except having to come home.

Koty

lipskm

how did you find him? I am buying lot from him in Hills of Esterillos. What lot # are you going to purchase. Could be next to each other.What home model did you like?

lipskm

who did you deal with? Bob or Jeff?

rebecca

What is concession property?

koty

hi all, we dealt with both Jeff and Bob. we are still trying to consider what property to buy/ Concession property is any property that is ocean front/. It looks good to us. I would love to answer your questions.

Koty

jasman

By “ocean front” I assume you mean 150 m from the shore. The first 150 m from the high tide line belong to the government. If you “buy” any land closer than that and build anything, the government can just come along with a bulldozer and remove it. You can’t legally buy any land within that limit, and if anyone says you can, they are lying.

koty

Actually you buy the rights to the concession. They are granted in terms of 5 to 100 years. The zoning determines what can be built on the concession property and this is in a plan held by the local municipality. Some concessions were granted illegally or improperly in the past and yes there were instances where MINEA determined it should have been deemed a natural reserve and these houses have been torn down. Right now there is a hold on all building permits and concessions being granted because two agencies are fighting in the courts to see who should have the rights to grant them.

dkt2u

I have met with both Bob and Jeff and walked through their Bejuco development that is almost completed. From everything I can see they are on the up and up and do what they say they are going to do. Their prices in comparison are not out of the ordinary. I live in Esterillos Oeste and have been watching the new site. They have recently started grating the road at their entrance, but from what I understand they only have all the paperwork for the 29 lots in the front to start building. The other lots, may take some months before everything is ready.

BobW

I would like the contact info for your lawyer. Costa Rica Ltd has been building for a while and you can see how much they completed at their first project.

poppell

I am the owner of Lot 14 in CR LTD’s playa Bejuco development.
    I am very very pleased with the house and the price was right.
    The titles are due out next month.
    The schedule though has been poorly planned/represented.
    They are moving ahead but the schedule for completion has been very unrealistic from the start. My contract called out a 4-month construction period. We are now on month 8 and counting. I visit periodically and there is no problem with the project or the house, just the schedule.
    The house, in fact, is great and the overall plan for the development is very good. I do suspect though that I won’t be swimming in the to be completed swimming pool for quite some time. It was once posted to be completed Dec 05.
    Bob and Jeff are working like the devil and it will all happen in due time. As for the next project…who knows.

koty

I would be happy to recommend my lawyer. He has just starting looking into the Hills of Esterillos project and we do not have any results about that project back yet. We also have not bought anything there yet either. If you are still interested in my lawyers information, please reply and I will get it from you when I am home.

Koty

rankingee

Poppell

I am looking at the project at Hills of Esterillos and would like to contact those who have already bought in the Bejuco development. Would it be possible to contact you by e-mail or by phone if you are in the US to pick your brain (in a nice way, not like Hannable Lecter).

thanks,
    rich

trulitalawa

Hey there,

Wondering if you ended up buying a house in the Hills of Esterillos project. We seem to be having some problems getting the necessary documents required for our financing team and have become a bit hesitant. We too have read the report that they have not followed certain procedures and had been shut down. Anyone have any news on this situation?? Thanks!

lipskym

Hi,
    I did purchase land 2 years ago and house is ready now. Finally on May 16, 2008 (Friday) I received my title. I also installed additional water tank and also installed fence. I am not in CR now but you can visite our development and check my house (at least from outside). It is on LOT 49

trulitalawa

That’s great! Congratulations. We had heard a few stories about them being shut down and were a little concerned. Enjoy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.