Estate Taxes in the U.S.A. Going Up BIG Time.

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Estate Taxes in the U.S.A. Going Up BIG Time.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    camby

[quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”DavidCMurray”]The fixed cost of driving ten miles to work, as a percentage of total income, is far greater for someone earning the minimum wage than for a high income earner. That cost is further exaggerated by the fixed cost of the gasoline tax which they both must pay. The same can be said for every other flat (read: “regressive”) tax.

If you think that the population generally is better off when minimum wage earnners are supporting their families on $4.00 per hour (take home) while a rather small strata are struggling along on $400.00 per hour, then you’re an apologist for regressive taxes. If, on the other hand, you believe that the society is healthier when income is distributed a little more evenly (just a little), then a progressive tax structure is more to your liking.

Me? I’d be happier if the President and Congress made the tax structure much more progressive and if that cost folks in my circumstances a little more of their discretionary income. True, I might have to go downstairs to write this on my iMac, rather than upstairs on my iPad, but if the United States’ many poor and undernourished children ate a little better, or if more of its 50 million citizens without health insurance got covered, it would be worth it.[/quote]

David, I appreciate the fact that a lower income family has a greater impact for the taxes charged for “everyday” living. Common sense is that one with $10 and one with $100 is effected differently by a tax of 10%. One has $9.00 and one has $90.00. But does that constitute justification to charge someone that makes more than their neighbor a higher percentage for taxes? What is the motivation for someone that is “penalized” for making more money to start a business that employs 15 people. When there is documented cases of “government assisted” folks making more than the average business owner?

My argument is when you have more takers than givers, what motivates the givers anymore? When that happens, the givers are more apt to become takers at that point. Human nature is to take the path of least resistance. What happens when the givers become takers? Total economic meltdown, which I am very afraid of, this will be the demise of the greatest economy in the world. This very reason is why I am working harder and hedging my bet to move before this happens.[/quote]

who says more takers then givers?
    even takers spend money, generate buisness and taxes-esp on booze, lottery tickets. That is aimed at poor people anyway.
    and who made these people takers? Dont you think the elites would love pople slowly boiled to rely on them, a new serfdoom of some proporations?
    Blaming many and creating yet another fad thing, now the “47%” is a diversion from the real problems and real takers, the elites.

I try, best as possible, to frequent and support the local, small and ind buisnessmen.

I avoid the

Kwhite1

[quote=”camby”][quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”DavidCMurray”]The fixed cost of driving ten miles to work, as a percentage of total income, is far greater for someone earning the minimum wage than for a high income earner. That cost is further exaggerated by the fixed cost of the gasoline tax which they both must pay. The same can be said for every other flat (read: “regressive”) tax.

If you think that the population generally is better off when minimum wage earnners are supporting their families on $4.00 per hour (take home) while a rather small strata are struggling along on $400.00 per hour, then you’re an apologist for regressive taxes. If, on the other hand, you believe that the society is healthier when income is distributed a little more evenly (just a little), then a progressive tax structure is more to your liking.

Me? I’d be happier if the President and Congress made the tax structure much more progressive and if that cost folks in my circumstances a little more of their discretionary income. True, I might have to go downstairs to write this on my iMac, rather than upstairs on my iPad, but if the United States’ many poor and undernourished children ate a little better, or if more of its 50 million citizens without health insurance got covered, it would be worth it.[/quote]

David, I appreciate the fact that a lower income family has a greater impact for the taxes charged for “everyday” living. Common sense is that one with $10 and one with $100 is effected differently by a tax of 10%. One has $9.00 and one has $90.00. But does that constitute justification to charge someone that makes more than their neighbor a higher percentage for taxes? What is the motivation for someone that is “penalized” for making more money to start a business that employs 15 people. When there is documented cases of “government assisted” folks making more than the average business owner?

My argument is when you have more takers than givers, what motivates the givers anymore? When that happens, the givers are more apt to become takers at that point. Human nature is to take the path of least resistance. What happens when the givers become takers? Total economic meltdown, which I am very afraid of, this will be the demise of the greatest economy in the world. This very reason is why I am working harder and hedging my bet to move before this happens.[/quote]

who says more takers then givers?
    even takers spend money, generate buisness and taxes-esp on booze, lottery tickets. That is aimed at poor people anyway.
    and who made these people takers? Dont you think the elites would love pople slowly boiled to rely on them, a new serfdoom of some proporations?
    Blaming many and creating yet another fad thing, now the “47%” is a diversion from the real problems and real takers, the elites.

I try, best as possible, to frequent and support the local, small and ind buisnessmen.

I avoid the
    [/quote]

camby, show me in the handbook of life the section that states you are entitled to anything…..I’ll wait why you wrap your head around that. You are NOT entitled to anything, blaming the “wealthy” for not paying more of thier money for anything is ridiculous. I am sure there are plenty of low income families that don’t spend thier money on booze and lottery tickets as you stated. Many are hard working people who have honor and integrity and would never want to be given anything they did not earn.

I would love to know the justification, in your mind, why you feel it is “a duty” of the people who have been more successful to pay a higher percentage for taxes? If you agree with that philosophy, then you are advocating class warfare. Again, no one has come up with a good or knowlegable answer on why should someone pay a higher percentage of taxes based on the amount of income they make? Remember, all men are created equal, unless it comes to taxes?

You blast companies and “wealthy” folks for not paying thier fair share, stop and think for a moment, they take advantage of the tax laws in place, they certainly did not write the law. Blame the politicians, not the people who are successful.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Sorry, k, but the wealthy and powerful DO write the laws. They influence who gets nominated to run, finance the campaigns of their chosen, and pay the lobbyists to be sure that those who are elected toe the line. And they accomplish a great deal of that with resources unavailable to the rest of us. In every meaningful way, the already absurdly privileged do run the show primarily for their own selfish benefit.

If you cannot tolerate the prospect of giving up just a little of what you have to alleviate the needs and suffering of your fellow citizens, that simply puts you among a large minority (or maybe a majority) of your uncaring fellows. No one can make you feel empathy. Just don’t expect anyone to admire you for it.

Kwhite1

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]Sorry, k, but the wealthy and powerful DO write the laws. They influence who gets nominated to run, finance the campaigns of their chosen, and pay the lobbyists to be sure that those who are elected toe the line. And they accomplish a great deal of that with resources unavailable to the rest of us. In every meaningful way, the already absurdly privileged do run the show primarily for their own selfish benefit.

If you cannot tolerate the prospect of giving up just a little of what you have to alleviate the needs and suffering of your fellow citizens, that simply puts you among a large minority (or maybe a majority) of your uncaring fellows. No one can make you feel empathy. Just don’t expect anyone to admire you for it.
    [/quote]

David, I agree 1000% with your first paragraph, (we better be careful, we are agreeing an awful lot latley).

But….I did not write the laws, I did not fund the politiions, I do not have a lobbyist. When I say I, I am reffering to 98% of us that do not have that priviledge. But unfortunatley I am affected by the taxing laws, for now anyway.

As an FYI, I help people constantly, I give more than 20% of my income to church, charities, food banks, ect. I go to Belize every month to purchase food for an orphange. Because of that style of living, I have been blessed in more ways than strictly financial. I am a firm beleiver of giving a hand up, not a hand out. I struggle with someone telling me I don’t do enough because it is not in thier agenda or does not fit with the way they think I should spend my money. If I am responsible enough to have never taken a hand out from the government, then I certainly am responsible enough to spend the money I earn the way I see fit.

As I have said before, I agree that EVERYONE should pay taxes, it is a needed evil. I just have a fundamental issue that certain people pay a higher percentage than others. And to date, everyone has avoided answering that question, why should one pay a higher percentage than another? We all use the same roads, we all are protected by the TSA (hahaha), we all have the same benefit of the military protection, we all have access to many things funded by taxes, except for certain solcial programs.

I served in the military, saw a lot of very harsh conditions people live in, volunteered my life for the US, to protect this once great nation. So I get a bit irritated that people claim I do not give my “fair share” when 99.999999% of the population that makes a statement like that knows nothing about me and what I do.

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”camby”]
    at one time, maybe still, Malta had a law that you could not tax inherited property-not sure if that mean only home or, home+ buisness.again, things may have changed and not sure about money inherited, might have been a limit…..either way, recalling reading some yrs ago the law there and was surprised how much better it was then the USA, and they have a national healthcare to boot.
    Likely, might change as savings eatne up and things morepricey now they joined the EU…..and the Euro, well……[/quote]

My man Camby, you are on a role today!! Too many post to count and I am sure you aren’t through yet.

I guess you are on holiday, you certainly (in good conscious) could not be spending this much time “at work” on WLCR.

Anyway, not my point, which actually is [b]SOUNDS LIKE YOU MAY HAVE FOUND YOUR PARADISE! [/b] Maybe it is Malta for you and your bride. Has she taken you there yet to check it out? You said she probably won’t be coming back to CR, so I assume that means you won’t either! I’m not being critical, just realistic – I’m happy that you married well. If only I had been so lucky I would not have had to put in 45 years of toiling to get to the point of retirement.

I’m sure she is a wonderful lady and you are lucky to have her. So, it looks like Malta may well be the place for y’all to grab your piece of paradise – write and let us know how you like it. You are indeed a lucky man!

davidd

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]Sorry, k, but the wealthy and powerful DO write the laws. They influence who gets nominated to run, finance the campaigns of their chosen, and pay the lobbyists to be sure that those who are elected toe the line. And they accomplish a great deal of that with resources unavailable to the rest of us. In every meaningful way, the already absurdly privileged do run the show primarily for their own selfish benefit.

[/quote]

David Murray

I would love to see your balance sheet of charitable donations

I would speculate without ever seeing it that you it’s very little

why

because people that hold your beliefs are generally the cheapest people around when it comes to donations.

you love to preach about giving and you usually do this best with other peoples money.

do some research on our current president and vice president.. and see how generous they have been. obama has only increased his giving in the last 6 years because of attention to this area.

just spending your life in so called pubic service is the easy way of saying I never had the cajones to stake my claim in the real world

and settled for a government paycheck and pension after 20 years

let me ask you David

in the last 3 years of working did you juice up all your overtime so you can max out your retirement salary..

you sly dog you. 😀

I myself admire K for being a self reliant individual

taking a risk in the real world

creating REAL jobs in the marketplace from the profits of his efforts . not creating jobs off the theft of the taxpayers.

I admire you because your probably teaching your children some great qualities of self reliance and great core values.

which will help them become productive citizens of the world.

NO ONE can tell you how much to give or spend your money.. you simply give because you want to.

good for you and I hope the pleasure of meeting you one day.

think about the mass exodus that will occur over the next 10 years of affluent productive people in our society.

this is what needs to happen in droves..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9750510/France-warms-to-Gerard-Depardieu-the-heroic-exile.html

D

PS. someone once said
    [b]
    “TRUE MATURITY IS ATTAINED WITH THE REALIZATION THAT NO ONE IS COMING TO THE RESCUE”[/b][size=][size=200][/size][/size]

Kwhite1

[quote=”davidd”][quote=”DavidCMurray”]Sorry, k, but the wealthy and powerful DO write the laws. They influence who gets nominated to run, finance the campaigns of their chosen, and pay the lobbyists to be sure that those who are elected toe the line. And they accomplish a great deal of that with resources unavailable to the rest of us. In every meaningful way, the already absurdly privileged do run the show primarily for their own selfish benefit.

[/quote]

David Murray

why

because people that hold your beliefs are generally the cheapest people around when it comes to donations.

you love to preach about giving and you usually do this best with other peoples money.

do some research on our current president and vice president.. and see how generous they have been. obama has only increased his giving in the last 6 years because of attention to this area.

just spending your life in so called pubic service is the easy way of saying I never had the cajones to stake my claim in the real world

let me ask you David

in the last 3 years of working did you juice up all your overtime so you can max out your retirement salary..

you sly dog you. 😀

creating REAL jobs in the marketplace from the profits of his efforts . not creating jobs off the theft of the taxpayers.

I admire you because your probably teaching your children some great qualities of self reliance and great core values.

NO ONE can tell you how much to give or spend your money.. you simply give because you want to.

think about the mass exodus that will occur over the next 10 years of affluent productive people in our society.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9750510/France-warms-to-Gerard-Depardieu-the-heroic-exile.html

D

PS. someone once said
    [b]
    “TRUE MATURITY IS ATTAINED WITH THE REALIZATION THAT NO ONE IS COMING TO THE RESCUE”[/b][size=][size=200][/size][/size]

[/quote]

David, I am humbled by your comments. I do what I do because it is the right thing to do. I don’t look for glory or recognition. Only a small handful of people know what I actually do. I took look forward to meeting some of the fine people on here, even you David MC. Just ribbing you!

I have a firm stance on provide for yourselves, if you need a hand, outstanding, I am there to help. But if you need a hand out, continue to hold your sign at the interstate onramp.

I provide 15 families with an income, I am scared to death about the possibility of having to let them go because I cannot afford them and the fines/taxes I will have to pay. Ask my wife, I litterally cry at times when I have to release someone, it bothers me to the core. But, I am the mean corporate type that only cares about money right?

I am ammused at the comments on these “blogs” or whatever you call them, it is easy to hide behind a keyboard and be as passive aggresive as you want to be, no one on here will hand you your last paycheck and wonder what will happen to your kids as you drive off. This my friends, it what is wrong with the US, we have become a society of passive aggresive people that have been desensitized to real life.

I long for the simple life.

camby

[quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”davidd”][quote=”DavidCMurray”]Sorry, k, but the wealthy and powerful DO write the laws. They influence who gets nominated to run, finance the campaigns of their chosen, and pay the lobbyists to be sure that those who are elected toe the line. And they accomplish a great deal of that with resources unavailable to the rest of us. In every meaningful way, the already absurdly privileged do run the show primarily for their own selfish benefit.

If you cannot tolerate the prospect of giving up just a little of what you have to alleviate the needs and suffering of your fellow citizens, that simply puts you among a large minority (or maybe a majori-ty) of your uncaring fellows. No one can make you feel empathy. Just don’t expect anyone to admire you for it.
    [/quote]

David Murray

why

let me ask you David

you sly dog you. 😀

D

PS. someone once said
    [b]

[/quote]

David, I am humbled by your comments. I do what I do because it is the right thing to do. I don’t look for glory or recognition. Only a small handful of people know what I actually do. I took look forward to meeting some of the fine people on here, even you David MC. Just ribbing you!

I have a firm stance on provide for yourselves, if you need a hand, outstanding, I am there to help. But if you need a hand out, continue to hold your sign at the interstate onramp.

I provide 15 families with an income, I am scared to death about the possibility of having to let them go because I cannot afford them and the fines/taxes I will have to pay. Ask my wife, I litterally cry at times when I have to release someone, it bothers me to the core. But, I am the mean corporate type that only cares about money right?

I am ammused at the comments on these “blogs” or whatever you call them, it is easy to hide behind a keyboard and be as passive aggresive as you want to be, no one on here will hand you your last paycheck and wonder what will happen to your kids as you drive off. This my friends, it what is wrong with the US, we have become a society of passive aggresive people that have been desensitized to real life.

I long for the simple life.[/quote]

It is good to hear that you care about your employees, that they are not just some number or cog for you, but important. Good to hear. What is happening when you move? sell buisness? run it from distance?
    Simple life is good, but wondering if CR is a right fit…esp as you tag your slef “lover God guns, freedom, wife”, all fine in themselves, but sounds like a billboard for GOP/ tea Partyisms. CR not a likely good fit, as guns more restricted there, esp to foreigners and they have no aggressive, nationalism that you see in the USA, with obsessing over militarism and a hankering need of world control, mixed with rabid fear of everyone else……
    Perhaps, Florida Keys? more rural Texas?
    Hope CR is for you, but not sure with what you have written thus far, it is a good fit w/Toby Keith AMericanism…..

Kwhite1

[quote=”camby”][quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”davidd”][quote=”DavidCMurray”]
    It is good to hear that you care about your employees, that they are not just some number or cog for you, but important. Good to hear. What is happening when you move? sell buisness? run it from distance?
    Simple life is good, but wondering if CR is a right fit…esp as you tag your slef “lover God guns, freedom, wife”, all fine in themselves, but sounds like a billboard for GOP/ tea Partyisms. CR not a likely good fit, as guns more restricted there, esp to foreigners and they have no aggressive, nationalism that you see in the USA, with obsessing over militarism and a hankering need of world control, mixed with rabid fear of everyone else……
    Hope CR is for you, but not sure with what you have written thus far, it is a good fit w/Toby Keith AMericanism…..[/quote]

I get the feeling you have an issue with anyone that loves, God, Guns, Freedom, notice I did not include my wife, don’t want you to love her, that’s my job.

I don’t know too many people who don’t love freedom, in order to have freedom, one needs to keep the government under control, hence the 2nd admendment, the right to bear arms. If one does not love God, well, that’s between them and God, I am just glad I won’t have to answer for that question when my time is up. I know people that don’t beleive, and that’s all well and good, but what if they are wrong? I would rather error on the side of caution with that one.

CR may or may not be the right place for me, only time will tell. If I am meant to be there then I will be, if not, then so be it. CR is not the only option on the table.

As for the business, doubtful there are buyers lined up in this economy, albeit it is successful, but no one is buying much these days. So my plan is to operate it as remotley as I can, we are pretty wired up technology wise for a construction firm.

clayton

Please define for us GOP/Teapartyisms, and your disdain for love of God and country. I see Costa Rica as a country full of proud self reliant hard working people who are not sitting back and waiting for the government to come in and provide for their every need. A hard working little “r” republican will fit in just fine. However if you are from the northeast or a severe type “A” personality you may find it hard to adjust.

camby

[quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”camby”][quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”davidd”][quote=”DavidCMurray”]
    Hope CR is for you, but not sure with what you have written thus far, it is a good fit w/Toby Keith AMericanism…..[/quote]

I get the feeling you have an issue with anyone that loves, God, Guns, Freedom, notice I did not include my wife, don’t want you to love her, that’s my job.

I don’t know too many people who don’t love freedom, in order to have freedom, one needs to keep the government under control, hence the 2nd admendment, the right to bear arms. If one does not love God, well, that’s between them and God, I am just glad I won’t have to answer for that question when my time is up. I know people that don’t beleive, and that’s all well and good, but what if they are wrong? I would rather error on the side of caution with that one.

CR may or may not be the right place for me, only time will tell. If I am meant to be there then I will be, if not, then so be it. CR is not the only option on the table.

As for the business, doubtful there are buyers lined up in this economy, albeit it is successful, but no one is buying much these days. So my plan is to operate it as remotley as I can, we are pretty wired up technology wise for a construction firm.[/quote]

my issue is with obvious GOP/tea Party lingo and republican talking points. Freedom is bantered around , but never defined. It is a vague “thing” we should all like dearly, but never defined. Guns, I have a few, plus a concealed carry permit and am former law enforcement. Not a pacifist, at all, nor though a flag waving militarist. patriotism is more then slogans and waving, or complete trust/obediance in Govt. Your wife is your own, as is mine mine. 2 straight, hterosexual guys-great and good deal!
    I support loval, small buisnesses and those that run them, dislike multi-nationals and Mega-corps.
    I am an active churchgoer, prayer daily, several times.
    I support Third Parties and dislike many policies.
    I am proud of your hard work, initiative and success, but take issues with your “blame the poor, that are parasites” comments, its very marxist “them vs us mentality” and though many are truly lazy, many more are poor through no fault and would love to get out of the pit, but often is very hard. David McMurray has seen and worked with it, me too. many lack training, resources…

Until my early 30’s, was a sloganeering, flag waving neocon, so I can spot the type a far off….
    Just suggesting that with your mentality, based on your psots, that you will likely hate CR and leave, stay and stew or wind up making all of us Americans look a bit worse.then, all around no one is happy, inc you and family.

camby

[quote=”clayton”]Please define for us GOP/Teapartyisms, and your disdain for love of God and country. I see Costa Rica as a country full of proud self reliant hard working people who are not sitting back and waiting for the government to come in and provide for their every need. A hard working little “r” republican will fit in just fine. However if you are from the northeast or a severe type “A” personality you may find it hard to adjust.[/quote]

Obviously, you have missed my other posts, or you would not accuse me of disdain for God, I am a-and I really hate inadequate labels, but-Traditionalist, rosary/Breviary saying Catholic that goes to Mass at least 1, if not 2-3 times a week. One is taught to love their country, but not its faults, nor to make excuses or hide them. the USA was founded as a nation on faulty principles that are now rather evident.
    the “isms” are clear to those outside the false paradigm boxes, those boxes some tight, narrow nad ill defined… I can usually tell, esp when the economy, religion, guns,God,etc is brought up, quickly waht false paradigm someone buys into. With Mr. White, it appeared and still appears, to be a Republican/GOP mantra. For others, Democrat/Liberal.

Tico/a’s are hard working and patriotic, but I do not see the hard nosed, aggressive, superiority and idolotry I see and hear, daily, in the USA.
    Not much of a A personality at all, a liv nad let live most part, esp when I am in another’s country…..that AMerican need to change, berate or look down on non-Americans does not apply for me.
    Oddly, the CR actually does havea lot of Govt provided services-like strict labor laws, esp on non-CR’s in hiring and pay,etc. [b]CAJA is a Govt program [/b]that is mandatory. Likely, old age/retirement pensions and other perks too.
    I find int interesting, the same “conservatives” in the USA are more then content to collect Medicare, and their SSA checks, though said checks, usually 5-6 yrs after they start, are over what they put in. Add it up…so, that money comes from others, at the force of the Govt.

Kwhite1

[quote=”camby”][quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”camby”][quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”davidd”][quote=”DavidCMurray”]

As for the business, doubtful there are buyers lined up in this economy, albeit it is successful, but no one is buying much these days. So my plan is to operate it as remotley as I can, we are pretty wired up technology wise for a construction firm.[/quote]

my issue is with obvious GOP/tea Party lingo and republican talking points. Freedom is bantered around , but never defined. It is a vague “thing” we should all like dearly, but never defined. Guns, I have a few, plus a concealed carry permit and am former law enforcement. Not a pacifist, at all, nor though a flag waving militarist. patriotism is more then slogans and waving, or complete trust/obediance in Govt. Your wife is your own, as is mine mine. 2 straight, hterosexual guys-great and good deal!
    I support loval, small buisnesses and those that run them, dislike multi-nationals and Mega-corps.
    I am an active churchgoer, prayer daily, several times.
    I support Third Parties and dislike many policies.
    I am proud of your hard work, initiative and success, but take issues with your “blame the poor, that are parasites” comments, its very marxist “them vs us mentality” and though many are truly lazy, many more are poor through no fault and would love to get out of the pit, but often is very hard. David McMurray has seen and worked with it, me too. many lack training, resources…

Until my early 30’s, was a sloganeering, flag waving neocon, so I can spot the type a far off….
    Just suggesting that with your mentality, based on your psots, that you will likely hate CR and leave, stay and stew or wind up making all of us Americans look a bit worse.then, all around no one is happy, inc you and family.[/quote]

Let me define freedom (my version, and a lot of others). Freedom is being able to do what you want, when you want, how you want, and where you want without government interference. If you want to add a porch onto your house, you do it, without the need for paying “fee’s” to the government. Owning property, which you bought and paid for, without having to pay a yearly fee for owning it.

My whole point, (which is easy to read through all of my post), is that government takes, takes, takes, without representation.

I also think I have stated several times, I am the first inline to help people that need help, the issue is, a large portion of the population in the US has figured out that if they cry poor mouth, they get $ thrown at them, of which I pay for. For the record….I am all for a hand up, not a hand out!!!!!!!!

[/list][/size][/size][/size][i][size=200][size=100][size=50][list]
    [list=]
    [*] [quote][code][/code][/quote]
    [/list]
    [/list][/size][/size][/size][/i]

VictoriaLST

Try this web site on for size to see essentials of a better tax system. Or pick up the book on the fair tax. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152344994925691&set=vb.20474183451

davidd

after all this tax talk

I think this may be the largest thread on welovecostarica.com 😀

what we should discuss and share are ways to create

CASHFLOW in costa rica.

so aside from real estate commisions

are there people on here that make money using the internet here???

I met a 82 year old gentleman who is making a nice living publishing kindle ebooks on amazon

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.