Escazu Sports Bar

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Escazu Sports Bar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    miamitomw

Hi, I am traveling to San Jose next week & I would like to experience the city of Escazu. Can someone suggest a friendly Sports Bar or some other American hangout downtown where I can feel the flavor of Escazu? I have been to San Jose many times but I may want to retire someday where the ex-patriots are. From being a member of this website, Escazu seems like the place to be! Thanks, Tom

Andrew
    Keymaster

There aren’t actually that many expat only type hangouts but there’s a couple:

1. The Pub in Escazu
    2. Hooters of course is in Plaza Itzkatsu opposite Hospital CIMA in Escazu

The two main expat places in Santa Ana are

3. Rock & Roll Pollos – Santa Ana
    4. TexMex – Santa Ana

I go to bars once every year (no kidding) so I’m not the best expert. I’m sure that our VIP Members will have lots of additional suggestions.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

terrycook

My vote is for the Pub, especially on Friday for the best fish and chips you could ask for. I am planning my trip to be sure to be in San Jose to be sure I can go to Escazu for this. The folks that run the place are really nice.
    have fun
    Terry From Texas

jmhardy

I guess the question which comes to mind is….you say you want to feel the flavor of Escazu and eventually retire to C.R…..why would you want to only mix with Americans?

Alvaro

My recommendations for Sports Bars are:

1) Big Dog’s Sports Bar
    2) Henry’s Beach Bar
    3) Outback Steak House
    4) Hooter’s
    5) Oconnor’s Irish Pub

What I don’t understand is that you want to get the “flavor of Escazu” by going to an American-only sports bar. That’s like getting the flavor of France by going to a McDonald’s in Paris. If you want to get the real flavor of Escazu go to a local bar in San Rafael de Escazu, not a sports bar.

Andrew
    Keymaster

If I’m not mistaken, Oconnor’s Irish Pub shares it’s kitchen with the Mexican Restaurant next door – ‘Nuff said…

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

sprite

I am retiring to Costa Rica for a lot of reasons but none of them have anything to do with finding other americans. There are plenty of us here in Miami still. Besides, Costa Rican have always made me fee very welcome and comfortable when I visit. I may never blend into the scenery there, but I still enjoy being in the thick of it.

miamitomw

Thank you for all your suggestions. I guess I worded my request incorrectly. I suggested a place where Americans hang out so I could first chat in English & them roam around the city. My Spanish is not that great but this website is wonderful. I have read Scott’s book & I found it very insightful. I hope someday to retire there but I am only 50 & I need to work a few more years. Thank you all again for your friendly reply’s. I will be in San Jose on Wednesday, 6-27 & I’m going to Escazu on Thursday 6-28. If anyone wants to meet me for a beer in Escazu I will buy! Thank you all again. Tom, Delray Beach, Florida.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Aw! Now you’ve gone and made a big mistake Tom… You are offering free beer to people? 🙂

Ha! Hope you have a great time here….

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.