dual citizen airport process

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum dual citizen airport process

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jerry

Tell me if I am wrong… as a dual citizen, I must have a passport for each country, check out of here and into US with US passport, then check into Costa Rica with the CR passport.Correct???

johnnyh

Great question. I was wondering myself. Would one be hassled more entering Costa Rica with a C.R. or American passport?

mediatica

You can enter the country with whichever passport you chose to leave with. My children have CR and USA passports, but it makes no sense to travel with a CR passport to travel to the USA because you would require a visa. We always fly with USA passports for USA travel. Hope that makes sense.

Jerry

Thanks for your response. I would think the main advantage to returning with the CR passport would be a quicker passage (shorterline) through immigration. Actually, I can not think of another reason to need a CR passport. Is there any other reason to justify the hassel of obtaining one?

mediatica

Jerry–i always go in the resident line at any CR airport even with a USA passport… Because you can when you are a legal resident or citizen of Costa Rica. So there’s your benefit of having dual citizenship and/or residency in this country. Also some countries in the world require visas for USA citizens but not for Costa Rican citizens, so that would be another benefit to using the CR passport.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.