Driving times

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Driving times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

As I stated in a previous thread, we’re going to be staying nights in Grecia. I know driving times are long. Does anyone have any information to give me on driving/bus times to the various tourist destinations from Grecia? (We already know we’ll probably want to live in the Central Valley area.) I also know there are places that will probably be inaccessible for us unless we fly; will we be missing much of what a tourist might want to see of the country if we don’t do this? We leave on Tuesday; have to start making *some* plans. :))) Thank you!

Ben Cart

Marilyn,
    There are so many tourist destinations here that it would be difficult to do a thorough drive time list on this site. I would recommend a side trip to La Fortuna/Lake Arenal/Volcano Arenal which is about 2 hours from Grecia. From there you could visit Monteverde and its rainforest by horseback. Another interesting trip would be a one hour and fifteen minute drive to Puntarenas to catch the car ferry. You would cross the Gulf of Nicoya and could visit the basically undiscovered beaches on that side of the gulf. If you are interested in the Grecia area, I would also encourage you to look into San Ramon which is only 20 minutes from Grecia. It has many things not offered in Grecia such as a hospital, a large branch of the University of Costa Rica, and views of the Pacific ocean. I have lived here 15 years and know Costa Rica pretty well. Have fun!

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Ahem . . .

We have a hospital in Grecia, Ben.

Ben Cart

my apologies. I was confusing Grecia with Palmares.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.