Dogs desperately needing homes

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Dogs desperately needing homes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    waggoner41

A friend of my wife here in Ciudad Colon was afraid to trust Caja to provide her with needed heart surgery. She opted to go back to the States to have the surgery done and passed away two days later, August 10th, from “complications”.

When she moved to Costa Rica she brought her dog with her and since then saved another five from the streets.

We are trying to find homes for these dogs. If they are typical of the six dogs that my wife and I have found starving and in need of veterinary care they are the most loving and caring of companions.

If anyone has an interest in having a great companion please PM me for more information. I am not the primary person involved in trying to find homes for them but I do have photos of all but one that was at the veterinary when the photos were taken. I will have photos of him later.

sprite

I wish I could help but I am still in Miami for a while longer. I love and appreciate dogs very much. I have two rescued dogs with me here and I intend to devote time to dogs once I move to CR. There is nothing which creates more empathy within me than seeing a dog in need.

I know some Israelis who live and work in the San Lorenzo area who spend time rescuing dogs and cats. I admire them immensely for that and I salute you as well for your efforts down there.

maravilla

the lands in love folks came here with something like 28 cats and 35 dogs. you gotta love ’em for that devotion to their animals. i wish i could help with these dogs who need homes, but i have two rescues already and that is about all i can handle. good luck — i hope they get deserving homes.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear that Les…

If you would email me some photographs and perhaps a short story about this I can feature it in the next newsletter and see if we can’t attract some dog lovers to adopt these little guys …

Scott

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.