Does anyone have a 1.2 meter or larger satellite

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Does anyone have a 1.2 meter or larger satellite

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bandera

dish for sale? I emailed Dr Dish and can’t seem to get a response. I will use my own design of LNB. I may have to import these from China. You know it is sad that the Ticos don’t make alot of Electronic equipment. The cost of labor is sure low enough.
    I don’t want to sound racist but I wounder if the Ticos have any plants that have assembly lines or are they not agile enough to handle that kind of work? They do not make TV’s in Costa Rica either.
    Thanks for reading my post,
    Stan Putra
    BBE

grb1063

They make appliances in Costa Rica; Atlas is the company. Mexican appliance giant Mabe made an offer for them, but not sure if it ever went through. Intel makes 90% of their server processors in Heredia with Tico engineers and labor so they have the ability and know how. Sounds like a good business idea to start an electronics manufacturing company.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Mabe did finalize the deal.
    Ticos are quite proficient with their hands and once trained, like any other worker, would be able to do the task. In fact, these guys often make the own replacement parts.
    The more I read this topic the more I wonder if you have checked out the legalities of using a dish here, and how difficult it is to access a satellite

Edited on Sep 18, 2008 16:53

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.