Do you think I can find these 11 things?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Do you think I can find these 11 things?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I would greatly appreciate advice on areas that you think would suit my intended lifestyle well. My goal is to grow vegetables, fish, surf and build little “casitas” with my two sons (16 and 18 years old) part time.

Here is what I THINK I’m looking for: (I say THINK because maybe I’ll see things differently after seeing your responses.)

1. Minimum 10 acres (The larger the better) Only two or three acres need to be “buildable” land.

2. Home(s) can be in any condition or any size so long as the walls and floors are concrete.

3. Less than 30 minute WALK to the ocean

4. Electricity is unimportant – Solar will be used

5. Must have a year-round spring for drinking water

6. Must be a 30 minute or less drive to med size town

7. Must cost $150,000 USD or less

8. Remote is good. I would prefer not to be able to see any neighbors

9. “Window” (or better) ocean (OR river) views (The building sites themselves don’t necessarily needs the views – just so long as you can walk to some part of the property to see a more expansive view.)

10. A Creek or river running through or next to the property

11. 2500 ft elevation or higher

Do you think I can even find such a property and if so what areas should I be looking?

Imxploring
    Participant

I think you’ll have a problem with getting #3 and #11 on the same property. And with the elevation and requested distance to the ocean a stream will be tough to come by…. perhaps in the southern pacific area north of the Osa….

*Lotus

I think you can find it in San Isidro.

https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/1590.cfm

LVLazarus

You could definitely find that in San Isidro, Perez Zeledon, EXCEPT the 30 minute “walk” would be more like a 20-30 minute drive.

tracymartin

You will not find that in the Flamingo, Potrero, Tamarindo area. I just returned from that area and the beach part was the highest on my priority list, but the prices are much higher and there arent alot of big tracts available, but you can find: homes with enough space for a garden, a social life, surfing (Tamarindo)and plenty of stores, restaurants, etc. in walking distance. Anyone familiar with the Jaco area-I see the home prices there are more reasonable?

Jerry

You MAY find all of the above around Puerto Viejo on the Carib side. 10 acres could be a stickler, and elevation/ocean proximity will be a problem anywhere.

grb1063

10 acres, or 5 acres for that matter, for $150,000 will be tough anywhere within walking distance to the beach anywhere from Dominical north.

ocasocerro

I would think you could find exactly what you want between Uvita and San Buenas. elevation would be maybe more like 1200-1800 ft but temperatures there at that elevation is comfortable.

costaricafinca
    Participant

I don’t think you will find what you are looking for, at the price you are prepared to pay.
    Power, you say, is not required, but solar won’t provide for everything you may need. Even ‘budget travelers’ nowadays seem to require phone/internet access.
    Some friends of ours tried this route, and are experiencing many problems.
    Solar, is great, if you are using it with a back-up system.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.