Do you miss the snow?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Do you miss the snow?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    guru

I forgot one!

9 ) The $1,000 to $1,500/month heating bill!

Where we are in North Carolina our utilities are considerably lower but we only have two months (in a good year) when we don’t have to run heat OR AC. Due to the necessity for AC our average here is as much as in cooler places. . . Cost in the right locations in Costa Rica ZERO.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Your[i]$1,000 to $1,500/month heating bill[/i] could change to be an A/C bill if living at the beach…

*Lotus

I am now sick of the snow and cold! I don’t know what caused me to write romantically about the devil white stuff!:evil: Must have been the Christmas spirit…..

DavidCMurray
    Participant

You know, Lotus, you can edit or delete your own entries and save yourself some embarrassment.

maravilla

miss the snow? HA! i don’t think so. this morning the high at my house in colorao is ZERO!! ZERO FAHRENHEIT!
    With a low of -20F, and two feet of snow on the way. but where i live, two feet could easily turn into 4 or 5 before it’s over. i just had some iced cappuccino while i was sitting in my hammock watching a fog bank roll across the valley. that’s the only ice i ever want to see — two cubes bobbing in my organic espresso with raw milk (and no fear of being arrested by the FDA!)

sueandchris

[quote=”maravilla”]miss the snow? HA! i don’t think so. this morning the high at my house in colorao is ZERO!! ZERO FAHRENHEIT!
    With a low of -20F, and two feet of snow on the way. but where i live, two feet could easily turn into 4 or 5 before it’s over. i just had some iced cappuccino while i was sitting in my hammock watching a fog bank roll across the valley. that’s the only ice i ever want to see — two cubes bobbing in my organic espresso with raw milk (and no fear of being arrested by the FDA!)[/quote]

I have a friend in the Boulder area who emails or calls me every day to report the (terrible) low and high temps she is experiencing. She is doing this so I will feel sad for her and guilty about CR weather……..AS IF!!!!!

Versatile

Heat wave today. 8 degrees! MiGHT GET 5-8″ MORE TONIGHT!:(

maravilla

ya’ll can have my share of the snow! the month of february at 8000 ft in the rocky mountains is dreadful — we had to call the plumber on sunday because of frozen pipes! two hours of work and $250 later. . . i don’t care what kind of weather we have here in CR; anything has to be better than that. and every surgery i ever had was caused by car accidents on ice! bleecccck! i’m done!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.