Do I Pay The ObamaCare Penalty Living in Costa Rica?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Do I Pay The ObamaCare Penalty Living in Costa Rica?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    bogino
    Participant

Polls are a dime a dozen these days (and that may be generous). Why anyone even pays attention to that stuff anymore is beyond me.

davidd

pixframe

It never ceases to amaze me that people actually believe anything about the government anymore.. I don’t know what it is..

The public are sheep.. fodder. so to speak.. and its a disgrace because in todays information world.. one can do his own research and piece meal the truth.. its not brain surgey..

If I lied to you on a regular basis would you keep believing me or take anything at face value??? 😀

lets see how this plays out..

here is my predication and I am solely basing this on the fact that the U.S. politicians are both [b]incompetent[/b] and [b]corrupt[/b] and should NEVER be taken on their word

1.) The main platform that this project was sold to the American people was that it would be more affordable hence the name Affordable Health Care Act…

I have not see this to be true so far.. in fact it will be the opposite. It will COST more!!!!

If I am wrong I will send you a gift certificate at pricesmart. 😀

2.) This is not a tax LOL this is funny since the IRS is in charge of enforcement and collection.. hmmmm.. 🙂

look at the incompetence with the website.. using something as insecure as JAVA and paying over $600,000 for this site to be completed.. just reveals again the incompetence of government.. and now people are supposed to trust them with something as personal as healthcare.. lol

Not surprising really.

[quote=”pixframe”]David, I just read this a few days ago. “New Poll: Only One-Third Of Americans Support Repealing, Defunding Or Delaying Obamacare.

Polls consistently show that Americans aren’t happy with Obamacare. They think the law will make health care more expensive, and decrease its quality.

But a new survey of 1,976 registered voters finds that only 33 percent believe that the health law should be repealed, delayed, or defunded. 29 percent believe that “Congress should make changes to improve the law,” 26 percent believe that “Congress should let the law take effect” and see what happens, and 12 percent believe that the law should be expanded.

The bottom line?

Voters are skeptical that Obamacare will live up to Democrats’ hype. But they also believe that it should be given a chance to succeed.”

[ http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/09/30/new-poll-only-one-third-of-americans-support-repealing-defunding-or-delaying-obamacare/ ]

[/quote]

davidd

sweikert

I dont know but I am liking some of your posts recently 🙂 this is NOT good 🙂

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”bogino”]Polls are a dime a dozen these days (and that may be generous).[/quote]

If that means they’re common, then I suppose that’s true, but they’re also remarkably accurate these days – which explains why they’re so common. Anyone who relies on knowing what people think about something to make policy or conduct busines is wise to conduct polls as often as possible.

But they can be misused and they tend to be more accurate when the questions asked don’t require you to reveal things about yourself. For example, if a pollster went out and asked “Do you think people who belong to other ethnic groups, religions or political parties are inferior to your own?” the answer would probably be a pretty universal “No”, but we know from the way life is actually experienced that quite a few of those people wouldn’t be answering truthfully.[/quote]

davidd

Sweikert

Good points.. and your right.. there is nothing you can do aside from 2 things

1.) dedicate and sacrifice your life to politics and get elected so you may have inside knowledge and get all the perks associated with being in politics.. like insider trading.. waivers…crony capitalism..etc 🙂 if you pay you dues.. over the years you may get into that elite club.. like royalty..

2.) The other option is to physically remove yourself from the game and move somewhere else.. like most people on this board.. 🙂

[img]http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/5049fdefecad04a361000008/throwing-money.gif[/img]

[quote=”sweikert925″]To those who are fixated with Obamacare, I would recommend that you just get on with your lives and accept it. In order to get rid of it, you need a majority of the US House to vote for repeal, 60 votes in the US Senate and a president willing to sign the bill. That certainly won’t happen in the next 3 years and given the likelihood of a Hillary Clinton presidency and the difficulty of one party gaining 60 seats in the senate I doubt it would be even remotely possible for decades. You can pass a law without a president’s approval (i.e., he or she vetoed it) but in that case it takes a 2/3 majority in both houses of Congress to do so.

Besides, as I’ve already shown Obamacare won’t affect anyone living in Costa Rica so why are any of you even concerned about it?

What I find truly remarkable is why any political party would be stupid enough to attempt to repeal it 43 times. Did they really say to themselves one day, “Well, the previous 42 attempts to repeal it failed but let’s try again and see if the 43rd time is the charm!”. And they no doubt wonder why their approval rating is so low.[/quote]

Pistol

Things may change now that it is being implemented.IE.Families that have been covered are finding that their premiums are being doubled as well as their deductable. This monster must be paid for by the haves to cover the have-knots.Pure wealth redistribution on a scale unprecedented in the history of The Republic.

davidd

[quote=”pistol”]Things may change now that it is being implemented.IE.Families that have been covered are finding that their premiums are being doubled as well as their deductable. This monster must be paid for by the haves to cover the have-knots.Pure wealth redistribution on a scale unprecedented in the history of The Republic.[/quote]

I have spoken to 1 dozen contacts and they all fall under the middle class.. all of them has had increased in either rates.. and deductable.. one went from $300 dedectable to $1500..

pixframe
    Participant

David, when I started working, most companies insured their employees with, what was at the time, the “tradition” 80-20 plan which had an annual “out of pocket” limit. It was a simple process. I went to the doctor. I paid the doctor. The doctor gave me a bill marked “paid in full”. I submitted the bill to my insurance company and IF the procedure was covered by the plan I was reimbursed 80% of my cost. Every year thereafter my annual out of pocket limit increased and that was because every year with the insurance contract’s renewal the premium increased and a higher annual out of pocket helped slow down the growth of the premium. With the next year’s contract renewal … where the employer paid 100% of the premium … with yet another premium increase … in addition to yet another increase in my annual out of pocket cost I was told I had to participate in the cost of the premium and 25% of the cost was deducted from my paycheck. In the early 1980’s HMO’s became the trend. Much lower premiums than the 80-20 plans but with the HMO’s also came “in network doctors” and co-pays. The first HMO my employer signed on with was Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (New York State). The doctors I had been seeing for years were not “in network” and I had to find new doctors and adjust to not only paying a portion of my insurance’s monthly premium I had to adjust to paying co-pays with each visit. Two years later my employer changed to Oxford Health Plans, an HMO (for the obvious reason …. premiums went up again). And, once again I had to find new set of doctors, pay a larger percentage of a larger premium, larger co-pays and larger annual out of pocket expenses.

Much of the issues people are being confronted with by Obamacare are simply a continuation of the “same old”. Only difference now is is that more people are being introduce to the “process”.

[quote=”davidd”][quote=”pistol”]Things may change now that it is being implemented.IE.Families that have been covered are finding that their premiums are being doubled as well as their deductable. This monster must be paid for by the haves to cover the have-knots.Pure wealth redistribution on a scale unprecedented in the history of The Republic.[/quote]

I have spoken to 1 dozen contacts and they all fall under the middle class.. all of them has had increased in either rates.. and deductable.. one went from $300 dedectable to $1500..[/quote]

davidd

pixframe

Hmmm… thats interesting..:)

one of my friends who is diabetic has for years been on a plan that did what you said.. the company paid 70% and he paid out of pocket the rest. He also has a $300 deductible per year..

I asked him to explain to me what happened.. and he said that now. his deductible is $1500 per year with the same 70/20.

he explained to me that this is because of the new law with OB care.. in so many words..

Who knows.. we can be sure on one thing.. only time will tell..

yes???

I don’t see this increase just being a normal process

[quote=”pixframe”]David, when I started working, most companies insured their employees with, what was at the time, the “tradition” 80-20 plan which had an annual “out of pocket” limit. It was a simple process. I went to the doctor. I paid the doctor. The doctor gave me a bill marked “paid in full”. I submitted the bill to my insurance company and IF the procedure was covered by the plan I was reimbursed 80% of my cost. Every year thereafter my annual out of pocket limit increased and that was because every year with the insurance contract’s renewal the premium increased and a higher annual out of pocket helped slow down the growth of the premium. With the next year’s contract renewal … where the employer paid 100% of the premium … with yet another premium increase … in addition to yet another increase in my annual out of pocket cost I was told I had to participate in the cost of the premium and 25% of the cost was deducted from my paycheck. In the early 1980’s HMO’s became the trend. Much lower premiums than the 80-20 plans but with the HMO’s also came “in network doctors” and co-pays. The first HMO my employer signed on with was Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (New York State). The doctors I had been seeing for years were not “in network” and I had to find new doctors and adjust to not only paying a portion of my insurance’s monthly premium I had to adjust to paying co-pays with each visit. Two years later my employer changed to Oxford Health Plans, an HMO (for the obvious reason …. premiums went up again). And, once again I had to find new set of doctors, pay a larger percentage of a larger premium, larger co-pays and larger annual out of pocket expenses.

Much of the issues people are being confronted with by Obamacare are simply a continuation of the “same old”. Only difference now is is that more people are being introduce to the “process”.

[quote=”davidd”][quote=”pistol”]Things may change now that it is being implemented.IE.Families that have been covered are finding that their premiums are being doubled as well as their deductable. This monster must be paid for by the haves to cover the have-knots.Pure wealth redistribution on a scale unprecedented in the history of The Republic.[/quote]

I have spoken to 1 dozen contacts and they all fall under the middle class.. all of them has had increased in either rates.. and deductable.. one went from $300 dedectable to $1500..[/quote][/quote]

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.