Discussion Forum

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Discussion Forum

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dhsbooker

Hmm.. We love Costa Rica.com. living and retirement information to help you live the good life! I have been a VIP member since Jan of this year and have for the MOST part truly enjoyed reading all the articles and posts on the discussion forum. I’m sad to say that recent posts have offered me nothing! I know that it is a discussion forum, but this back and forth with Paragon is becoming very annoying (sorry Scott). If VIP members have done their own due diligence and STILL want to buy land with Paragon, I say then let them. That is there problem! Even the best of teachers don’t have a 100 % success rate with their students. I became a mouse potato to learn all I can about Costa Rica before I make my trip, and to decide if it will be right for my husband and I. Certainly NOT this! All right, I guess I got my 2 cents in. I normally would not even post something like this. I would just keep my mouth shut. Not sure what came over me. (LOL) Well, on a lighter note how about some offshore gambling? I say the early odds are on Scott. Let me be the first to throw in 20 bucks.

Debbie

maravilla

I’ll match you and raise you $20.

I’ve been sitting here all week shaking my head at some of the infantile responses of certain persons. There’s some very good shape-shifting, deflection, and downright manipulation going on, but for the most part it was pretty entertaining.

When are you coming down to Puravidaville? Still staying at the B and B? Have you been reading Andrew’s blog from South America?

*Lotus

Maravilla I have a t shirt I think you would enjoy, A worn picture of 4 native Americans (one is Geronimo) posing with guns out on the plains and the caption reads”fighting terrorism since 1492″ Lol!

dhsbooker

Maravilla,
    Whew! Glad to hear it wasn’t only me! We will be there on Oct.6th till the 23rd. It’s finally getting closer! Yes, I have been reading Andrew’s blog. I also recently came across the blog by JustJen. I had to get in touch with her when they talked about where they got their king size mattress! Silly me, these are the kinds of things I like to hear about! So it was nice to make another connection. Plan on getting in touch with them when we are down there. Those blogs are what keep me going till Oct! Oh no, now I really sound desperate (lol)
    O.K back to gambling…

Debbie

maravilla

I’m ahead of ya. We already have that tee-shirt!! My husband is a big Geronimo fan, so I bought it for him. But thanks! LOL

maravilla

So WHERE did they get the bed? That’s REALLY important information, Debbie. I don’t know JustJen — do you have a link to her blog? I wonder if I know her. Is she in San Ramon?

dhsbooker

Maravilla,
    Sorry I didn’t get back last night on this, but my last post was at midnight! Way past this old lady’s bed time for a friday night(lol)You must know her, she has stayed with Beth and Andrew and was at the party they had. Here’s her blog link http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/Just-Jen/ She has 38 journals out there! So happy reading. You can find the info on the King size mattress in the June 18th blog.
    Debbie

maravilla

I don’t know Jen and I missed the party at the B and B, but I guess I will meet here eventually. Thanks for the link.

jenny

So you all are having a party, no just kidding. Me to on the change of conversations, my hope is that someone starts writing in about lively things. That one guy Gringo did have some great information on the last couple of subjects. Sure hope he writes more, it seems he is living here in Costa Rica or has lived here.

I’d like to say we have a ladies group in Alajuela, we meet the last tuesday of every month, and always at a different house. There are about 40 ladies in the group and all of us come from different backgrounds and we have a variety of experiences. Some of us are doing business in Costa Rica and some are retired both professional workers and professional house wives. Some speak Spanish fluently and some like me just speak. We have no governing body, we meet share experiences and help with information regarding a lot of subjects.

Thanks for changing the subject. If you are interested in finding out about the guy who came to my house Friday on a motor cycle and handed me a bill for 2,000,000.00 colones just ask and maybe I’ll have an answer by the time you ask.

Yes, I do have a lawyer, when you speak and read as much Spanish as my husband and I, you need a lawyer.

keith

Jenny, Is that a property tax bill? I read a post once that someone living in Costa Rica had their property tax bill delivered to them by someone riding a motorcycle.

Maravilla, are you living in Costa Rica full time now?

I feel so homesick, even though Costa Rica isn’t my home yet, I feel so at home there when visiting, I can’t wait to finally make the move. Which will probably still be several months from now.

Do you realize just how fortunate you all are to be living in such a great place with such nice people? Truly Pura Vida!

Sure am glad the lengthy and negative mud slinging contest is over and am very glad that Scott handled it in a very honorable fashion! I was extremely delighted that Scott showed himself to be a true gentleman! Hopefully, all parties will be civil from now on!

Sure am looking forward to some of your experiences and insight Maravilla! Please share some with us. Enjoy your new home!!!

maravilla

I’m homesick too. We’re still here in the States until we sell our house. The entire market is slow but Johnny Depp just bought a house across the road from me, so I told my agent to use that as a selling point! My life is no longer here; it’s in Costa Rica so not being there is very strange. My husband’s residency application was accepted on Friday, so all we have to do is show up at immigration and get our cedulas and we’re LEGAL in Costa Rica! Javier Zavaleta and his sister Mayanye are the BEST!!! They couldn’t have made our pensionado status any easier.

keith

Maravilla, I have just recently started working with Javier and I am so impressed! We hope to have everything together and submitted soon.

I hope you sell your home!

I’m still eager to see pictures of your place in Costa Rica. If you ever decide to share them I would be elated.

Hope to see you some day in “God’s Country” . . .Costa Rica!

maravilla

Javier will make the entire process painless! You will be very pleased with his services and wait til you meet his sister — she is a hoot! When she takes you to Interpol, she will be directing traffic in the waiting room and supervising the whole affair. This is a woman who knows how to get things done!

I’d be happy to send you some photos of my house — care to share your e-mail addy or you can ask Scott to forward it to me privately if you like.

We had a showing on our house today; it’s a numbers game. I just hope someone will buy it SOON!!

keith

Hi Maravilla, I just sent an email to Scott asking him to forward my email address to you. Please let me if you don’t recieve it!

I am really looking forward to seeing pictures of your new home in Costa Rica. We are still looking for land around San Ramon. It has been so difficult to find someone willing to sell to us for near what they would sell to locals, although we have found at least six or seven great deals, they have either been too small, too big, or in the wrong location. Once we saw what the so called “Tico Price” was it is very difficult to pay a middle man double or triple that amount. We don’t mind paying 7 – 10% commission but really don’t want to pay an expat double or triple. We may have to hire a person from one of the churches there to look for us (?). We are on a pretty tight budget but, still want to get around 7 – 12 manzanas if possible as we believe this will be our last home, we want to have plenty of room. We’re not interested in feeling like we’re back in the States, crowded in on every side, and we intend to have horses (which we’ve had here), greenhouse, etc. That’s just us, we’re definitely not wealthy, but with all the expats moving in we don’t want to end up living on a small patch of dirt in the middle of a huge development that builds around us.

Hey, at least they are showing your home, it should only be a matter of time if they keep showing it. We wish you a speedy sale!

We’ll be looking forward to your pictures and we’ll keep in contact so that we might be able to be of assistance someday. Have a great day!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.