Directions: San Jose to Quepos

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Directions: San Jose to Quepos

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    grifz77

Hi folks, I’ve never driven from San Jose to Quepos and am wondering what the best/quickest/safest route would be? Looking at google maps, its either Highway #3 to Highway #34 OR Highway #239 tp Highway #34.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jarrett

*Lotus
    grifz77

Thanks very much Lotus!

Also, anyone have any information on the condition of the road between Quepos and Dominical?

cindyc

From Juan Santamaria head north. Very soon after that veer towards the ramp that says San Ramon. Drive for about 20-25 minutes and take the Atenas exit. This is Hwy 3. Hwy 3 kind of ends in San Mateo, you will see big signs and take a left toward Orotina. When you get to Orotina keep following the signs that say Jaco. This should get you to 34 and you can follow it into Quepos.

The road south of Quepos is being worked on in preparation for its impending paving (which hasn’t started yet). So, most of it is in good shape, some definite rough spots around the Savegre. This changes daily depending on what work they do and how much rain we get.

grifz77

Thanks Cindy!

Btw…how has the rain been lately. I know a couple weeks back it was really bad…how has it been since then?

cindyc

The past week hasn’t been too bad. I have a rain gauge and it’s 1/2 to 1 inch per day, which may sound like a lot but it really isn’t in Costa Rica where we measure rain by the foot instead of the inch. A couple weeks ago we were getting 6-7 inches/day. So, hopefully the heavy rains are done for the year.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.