DIMEX / Laura B. Gutiérrez

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum DIMEX / Laura B. Gutiérrez

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    olsgaard

Hey.

I live in Denmark and have bought a nice lot in ojochal, Puntarenas.

I will soon build a small house.

I will keep living in Denmark

I have just open a Bank account – to helping me paying for my cost. I just found out that I cant trasfer Money to others account without the Dimex Card. Can I get this – and do you know a good attorney

Anyone how knows Laura B. Gutiérrez?

best Martin

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Martin:

Velkommen til Costa Rica

1. We have an entire section devoted to Lawyers, Laws & Taxes which you can see at: [ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/Costa-Rica-Lawyers-Laws-Taxes-Advice-from-reputable-attorneys-and-our-preferred-Costa-Rica-tax-expert.cfm ]

No other attorneys will be recommended unless they have been checked and approved by me personally.

2. I know Laura Gutierrez and her husband Paul well, that is why they are featured on my website. I do NOT recommend anybody on my website unless I know them personally and trust them implicitly.

3. There should NOT be a problem in you forming a Costa Rican corporation and then transferring money to that corporation but you would be best confirming that with your new attorney.

4. If you plan on living in Denmark and only visiting Costa Rica occasionally, please make sure that your property is secure and that you have someone you trust who can regularly visit your home and check to see (and perhaps email you photos each visit) that all is well.

Scott Oliver
    Founder – WeLoveCostaRica.com

Scott Oliver is the author of: 1. How To Buy Costa Rica Real Estate Without Losing Your Camisa, 2. Costa Rica’s Guide To Making Money Offshore in Bull & Bear Markets and 3. ¿Cómo Comprar o Vender Bienes Raíces en Costa Rica, Sin Perder Su Camisa?

costaricafinca
    Participant

The only way to get a [url=http://costaricalaw.com/?s=DIMEX]DIMEX/cedula[/url] is if you a legal resident of Costa Rica.

You [i]should[/i] be able to transfer funds to another account, electronically, if the other person/business uses the same bank. Otherwise, if you are physically present in Costa Rica, goth the bank and have the teller transfer funds.

olsgaard

Thanks Scott and CR-Finca

Our main problem is to open an bank account- we already established an account in BAC San Jose – but because the fact that almost no Tico guys use this bank – we can’t transfer money to them. That might be easier with an account in Banco Nacional.

Anyone who know a good contact person in Banco National that we might contact

costaricafinca
    Participant

I think you are mistaken that few ‘Ticos’ use this bank, as no bank here could be successful, relying on ‘foreigners’. It is just that BCR and BN are located in most of the smaller towns, but not BAC.
    [i]It is said[/i] to be harder to open an account with either BCR & BN unless you have applied for residency.

CHERYLJK

If you join ARCR, they will help you open an account at Banco Nacional. That’s what we did. They will tell you exactly what documents you need to do this, and they will have one of their representatives go to the bank with you to open the account.

olsgaard

Thanks. I will try this

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.