Diabetes in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Diabetes in Costa Rica

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Antonic

I am Diabetic Insulin dep.like to know if any body from north america or canada is living in costa rica with diabetis? since i will be moving there im the near future.Any coment on this will by very aprisiated.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

I am a type-2 diabetic whose blood glucose is controlled by a combination of diet, exercise and medications. My conditions are managed by a U.S. Board Certified endocrinologist who practices at CIMA Hospital in Escazu.

While I haven’t checked, I am confident that you can find the insulin and administration supplies you need and the medical supervision and labratory services at CIMA Hospital and elsewhere.

apexit

I forgot my meter and Lantus when I went to the beach. I had an automatic injector. I had to buy needles they never heard of an injector and Lantus was $50 for a small bottle. Same thing in San Jose
    Stan

vegasknite

I would suggest you get a handle of the two major insurance offered and their coverages and residency requirements. I know they both differ as far as if you need to be a resident and which one covers pre existing conditions. Unless you intend to go out of pocket for all your expenses which will still be reasonable. I have medicare here in the US and will be keeping it but I will also be getting one of the two major plans once I have my residency completed. GringoTico shared some great information a few posts down and there are some excellent sites that explain both types of insurances their monthly costs and benefits including exclusions. I don’t have them in front of me but would be happy to find them to supply you with their links or address if you ask.

Antonic

Thank you, David for your prompt reply to my question. I need all the help I can get and appreciate your help. Antonic

Antonic

Thank you, Stan, for your prompt reply to my question. Your input is much appreciated. Antonic

Antonic

Thank you for your prompt reply to my question. I will look further into the options available. Thanks for your help. Antonic

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.