Dentists in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Dentists in Costa Rica

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kirby

Hi Scott, looks like you are helping people with more medical tourism stuff and I wanted to ask you if you know the people at http://www.smile90210costarica.com/?

Andrew
    Keymaster

There are many different excellent dentists in Costa Rica to choose from and although I have met with dozens of doctors in various fields, I must confess that I have only really recommended my own dentist Dr. Mario – You can see lots of articles about him at:

[ http://www.costaricahospital.com/public/department39.cfm ]

Dr. Mario has never disappointed me, my family or any of the people I have referred to him and, if Dr. Mario is being recommended by Blue Cross, he’s obviously doing a good job!

I do not know the dentists at this group you mention – they might do a good job – but I was contacted by a Mike Lomax on 23rd March 2011 who works for them asking if I accepted advertising, I emailed him back within 90 minutes saying I did not but asked if they provided any dental services that Dr. Mario does not? And in thinking about my new site at CostaRicaHospital.com, I asked if they worked with facilitators? 

I emailed him four times trying to make sure he had received my email and received no reply from him so to be blunt, I think he’s bloody ignorant, plain and simple…

Is there any other conclusion I could come to?

He emailed me, I spent my valuable time politely responding to him and he ignored all of my follow up emails.

If that’s an example of their “communication” skills I wouldn’t go near them.

Doug Ward

Juven Solano. Tilaran.

cayugadan

Has anyone heard of / had experience with DentaVac?

Thanks!

rf2cr
    Participant

[quote=”cayugadan”]Has anyone heard of / had experience with DentaVac?

Thanks![/quote]

Yes and don’t recommend it, didn’t deal with a serious gum problem before going ahead with dental work. Didn’t even mention the problem. Like Prisma Dental a lot.

Doug Ward

Juven Solano. Tilaran

cayugadan

[quote=”rf2cr”]Yes and don’t recommend it, didn’t deal with a serious gum problem before going ahead with dental work. Didn’t even mention the problem. Like Prisma Dental a lot.[/quote]
    Thanks, I’m checking into them
    [quote=”Doug Ward”]Juven Solano. Tilaran[/quote]Thanks, I looked for Dr. Solano on the net and couldn’t find anything.

I live in the states and would be coming back to Costa Rica for a bit of dental work. Is English spoken at Dr. Solano and do you know if they have a website?

Thanks everyone!

Doug Ward

[quote=”cayugadan”][quote=”rf2cr”]Yes and don’t recommend it, didn’t deal with a serious gum problem before going ahead with dental work. Didn’t even mention the problem. Like Prisma Dental a lot.[/quote]
    Thanks, I’m checking into them
    [quote=”Doug Ward”]Juven Solano. Tilaran[/quote]Thanks, I looked for Dr. Solano on the net and couldn’t find anything.

I live in the states and would be coming back to Costa Rica for a bit of dental work. Is English spoken at Dr. Solano and do you know if they have a website?

Thanks everyone![/quote]
    I don’t believe he has a site.This is a very rich town, by CR standards, so he has no need to approach “dental tourism” He’s a youngish guy (35-40?) and lived in the Empire for several years. His Ingles is impeccable and his gadgetry is top of the line.
    His CR number is 2695 6560.
    He’s not only my dentist but a good friend to boot. We are in a very small community up here.
    I’m killing a pig Saturday and I imagine Juven will be up here for some chicharrones and some beers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.