Daily “Private” calls to our cell phone ..

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Daily “Private” calls to our cell phone ..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    colleen.1

Is anyone else receiving “Private’ calls on a daily basis. Frustratingly, because the called are listed as quote ‘private’ on our cellphone it is impossible to know who the caller is, or return the call. When answered these ‘private’ calls generally hang up. Any antidote/suggestions as to how to stop these type of calls?

davidd

[quote=”colleen.1″]Is anyone else receiving “Private’ calls on a daily basis. Frustratingly, because the called are listed as quote ‘private’ on our cellphone it is impossible to know who the caller is, or return the call. When answered these ‘private’ calls generally hang up. Any antidote/suggestions as to how to stop these type of calls?[/quote]

Collen

the way I handle this is I have a voice mail that pretty much states.. “sorry I missed your call I am unavailable at the moment but will return your call A.S.A.P. if this call is from a private number I do not answer private numbers calls. you can text me your number and I will call you back”

something like this

johnnyh

I can understand your frustration. I still live in Southern California and I get calls on my land line from an outfit called “Cardholder Services” that at first called me once a week and now it’s almost daily. I don’t have caller ID on my land line, as I think caller ID is a scam from the telephone companies, but I do have it free on my Sprint cell phone. I think it’s a scam from the telephone companies because you have to pay for it, and most of the calls were private or the numbers were not shown from the caller.
    Anyways, check cardholders services on the web and you’ll see what I mean. So now when they call I play along or even call them “hijos de p*t* if they have a latin accent or I use the “n” word when I notice an ethnic gal. I have asked them to remove me from their call list but since they use what is called “robo calls” I still get the calls. It’s interesting because they can’t get a word edgewise by me, they get a lung full from me! I’m bilingual, so I can use the filthiest of both Spanish and English curse words. I think I’m almost to the point of enjoying their calls. LOL! One black chick responded by saying I was a redneck and I said that might be, but you’re still a “n r.”

davidd

a little extreme but to each his own 🙂

[quote=”johnnyh”]I can understand your frustration. I still live in Southern California and I get calls on my land line from an outfit called “Cardholder Services” that at first called me once a week and now it’s almost daily. I don’t have caller ID on my land line, as I think caller ID is a scam from the telephone companies, but I do have it free on my Sprint cell phone. I think it’s a scam from the telephone companies because you have to pay for it, and most of the calls were private or the numbers were not shown from the caller.
    Anyways, check cardholders services on the web and you’ll see what I mean. So now when they call I play along or even call them “hijos de p*t* if they have a latin accent or I use the “n” word when I notice an ethnic gal. I have asked them to remove me from their call list but since they use what is called “robo calls” I still get the calls. It’s interesting because they can’t get a word edgewise by me, they get a lung full from me! I’m bilingual, so I can use the filthiest of both Spanish and English curse words. I think I’m almost to the point of enjoying their calls. LOL! One black chick responded by saying I was a redneck and I said that might be, but you’re still a “n r.”[/quote]

costaricabill
    Participant

I know this post is about “Private Caller” and “Private Number”, but I have to share how I handle the “robo” calls that we receive on our Vonage line (US Number that we have had over 25 years). We are on all of the “Do Not Call” lists, but a few still sneak through.
    Even if it shows the name or number, I still answer it, and confirm that they have reached me, then I wait for the caller to take their first breath or pause after their first question, and then I leap into action with “Tell me what you are wearing” and go from there. The call is usually terminated after my first response, but sometimes I get a chance to ask several more “personal questions”, although it is hard to stop laughing at how easily they get frustrated and just stammer ahead. If they continue with their prepared routine, I save the best for last….”are you touching yourself, that’s OK, go ahead and touch yourself!
    Next time you get one of these calls, give it a try, it’s a lot of fun, and it usually stops the calls from that organization!!

johnnyh

Now why didn’t I think of that. LOL!

colleen.1

[quote=”davidd”]a little extreme but to each his own 🙂
    All one has to say to such callers is ” you are invading my privacy and thats an offense and if you continue I will be forced to report you to the relevant authorities”. Trust me it stops them in their tracks. Well certainly in the USA.

[quote=”johnnyh”]I can understand your frustration. I still live in Southern California and I get calls on my land line from an outfit called “Cardholder Services” that at first called me once a week and now it’s almost daily. I don’t have caller ID on my land line, as I think caller ID is a scam from the telephone companies, but I do have it free on my Sprint cell phone. I think it’s a scam from the telephone companies because you have to pay for it, and most of the calls were private or the numbers were not shown from the caller.
    Anyways, check cardholders services on the web and you’ll see what I mean. So now when they call I play along or even call them “hijos de p*t* if they have a latin accent or I use the “n” word when I notice an ethnic gal. I have asked them to remove me from their call list but since they use what is called “robo calls” I still get the calls. It’s interesting because they can’t get a word edgewise by me, they get a lung full from me! I’m bilingual, so I can use the filthiest of both Spanish and English curse words. I think I’m almost to the point of enjoying their calls. LOL! One black chick responded by saying I was a redneck and I said that might be, but you’re still a “n r.”[/quote][/quote]

johnnyh

[quote=”colleen.1″][quote=”davidd”]a little extreme but to each his own 🙂
    All one has to say to such callers is ” you are invading my privacy and thats an offense and if you continue I will be forced to report you to the relevant authorities”. Trust me it stops them in their tracks. Well certainly in the USA.

Anyways, check cardholders services on the web and you’ll see what I mean. So now when they call I play along or even call them “hijos de p*t* if they have a latin accent or I use the “n” word when I notice an ethnic gal. I have asked them to remove me from their call list but since they use what is called “robo calls” I still get the calls. It’s interesting because they can’t get a word edgewise by me, they get a lung full from me! I’m bilingual, so I can use the filthiest of both Spanish and English curse words. I think I’m almost to the point of enjoying their calls. LOL! One black chick responded by saying I was a redneck and I said that might be, but you’re still a “n r.”[/quote][/quote][/quote]

No, you don’t understand. I have already tried that. These are what is called robo-calls and they completely ignore you. Go to cardholders services in Google and you will see that the FCC is already after them. These weasels don’t respect anything and the telephone companies are complicit in their enterprise because the latter makes money. Robo calls are generated by computer and target all telephones in the U.S. and once your number lands on their computer they will call again and again. Its a classic steam room operation.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.