Customs one laptop rule

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Customs one laptop rule

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cacevedo222

Can anyone shed light on the rule that customs has for only being able to bring one laptop into Costa Rica. Is it really not allowed? I have two computers, one work, one personal. Seems to me I should be able to bring them in.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Are you traveling alone? If not, then the other laptop belongs to your traveling companion, right? Problem solved.

If you are traveling alone, I think you still do not have a problem. Others have brought in two laptops without any problem. If you’re questioned, be sure to explain that both are used and that the less valuable of the two is worth maybe $100 and the more valuable one maybe $300. They are both very old. At worst, you’ll have to pay sales tax on the less valuable one.

Jim S.

I’ve frequently entered Costa Rica with two laptops, one carried on my shoulder and the other packed in my luggage. I’ve never even been checked, much less questioned or charged customs duty.

maravilla

i just picked someone up at the airport this morning who came in with two laptops. no problema.

chasebeagle2000
    Participant

I arrived on 23rd with 3 –2 new in boxes for amigos in Jaco and my personal one. Nobody said a word

plasticbrad

I also have never had a problem with bringing 2-3 laptops at a time. The only time I got hassled was when a brought in a couple 24 inch TVs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.