Currency Exchange

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Currency Exchange

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    seawader

We are traveling overseas soon. Does anyone out there know where we can get British pounds as our local banks (here in Grecia, Alajuela) don’t seem to have any? Looking for 150 Pounds. Thank you.

BillNew
    Participant

Probably the most fair exchange rate will be at the Banco Central …

I’m sure that you can get pounds at the currency exchange at the airport … but it’ll cost you …

Why not Euros ?

Until the British Parliament actually votes to invoke Article 50 … it is still very much a part of the EU.

And even if that happens, I expect the Euro will be welcome in GB for a very long time.

Maybe Scott will weigh in on this … but I think that you’re just making work for yourself.

seawader

Thank you for taking the time to respond. unfortunately the place we are touring soon (Stanley, Falkland Islands)has limited banking facilities, ZERO ATM’s …and prefer British pounds for touring purposes. Really out in the sticks they are!! However, we will now check if they would take Euro’s instead.

ticatobe
    Participant

I usually use ATMs in the country I am going to for cash. Often there is one located in or near the customs/baggage area. Or, you can get some at the money exchange in the arriving airport (they don’t usually have the best rates though)to get you started and then go to bank or ATM outside the airport.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.