Crime in costa rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Crime in costa rica

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    davidd

sweikert925

[b]Thank god for Obamacare[/b] :roll::roll::roll::roll:

It figures you would be such a big proponent for this

Obamacare is probably one of the biggest JOB killers in the United states.

the only people this actually helps are poor people that never had any insurance.. I guess this was the intention

but not to the exploitation of hardworking middle class people.

even my parents who are already retired have had their deductibles double this year..

I have yet to find positive experiences with people that are [b]w-2[/b] making $60 to $100,00 per year. ( on the books)

well.. on a positive note

at least that wanker Piers Morgan show is finally cancelled..:)

hope?? maybe 🙂

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”Imxploring]Sorry Steve couldn’t resist.[/quote]
    Actually you COULD resist, you just didn’t want to.

But don’t expect me to stick up for health insurance companies, most of them are, as you say, greedy and not particularly concerned with their policyholders’ well-being. I suppose I should stick up for mine a little bit though by pointing out that it is a non-profit entity. Every dollar we collect in premiums either pays claims or is held in reserve for future claims.

Thank god for Obamacare though because now all insurance companies have to adhere to an 85% claim payment to premium collected ratio. No more excessive insurance co. profits (for the ones that ARE profit-making that is).[/quote]

costaricafinca
    Participant

In the rural areas where we have lived and been robbed the police did [i]eventually[/i] come, but the culprits were never apprehended nor were the ‘goods’ ever recovered. We also were expected to provide them with food and drink while they were [i]’looking for clues…’ [/i]:roll: … and also had to provide flashlights, if it was dark, and that they took with them when their investigation was finished…:lol:
    BTW residents were/are usually ‘expected’ to ‘chip in’ for vehicle repairs and general upkeep of the ‘police station’ which I have no problem with, but really shouldn’t be necessary.

If you invest in a security system, not many companies will actually respond to an alarm going off.

waggoner41

[quote=”sweikert925″] I was more concerned at how responsive they are if you’re living halfway up a mountain somewhere. While your math is correct about the cop to resident ratio, I am a little more concerned about the cop per square mile ratio.

One thing that I consider in CR cops’ favor over our Chicago cops is that they actually walk around instead of sitting on their brains in land cruisers all day.[/quote]

I live in the Colon area. Actually about 1 1/2 miles south of the town proper in Barrio San Bosco.

The Colon cops cover this far out and have contacted us about a couple of disputes in our out of the way location.
    Yes they do walk around in town but they are also equipped with a number of vehicles that allow them to attend to a much wider area.

johnr

We are in a very remote area, and the nearest station is in San Francisco de Coyote (5.5 KM north) however they do regular patrols to the beach and if they stop by we always give them some ice water and chat.

They are good guys in our area – they have a truck and a couple of motor bikes so we get patrols quite often, especially on beach weekends.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Article this morning on [url=http://insidecostarica.com/2014/02/27/15-costa-ricans-victims-robbery-2012/]Insidecostarica[/url] regarding robberies in CR and know that most are not reported.

davidd

[quote=”sweikert925″]If most are not reported then how do you know that most are not reported?[/quote]

because people that actually live here on a day to day basis get a better pulse on what actually goes on here as opposed to getting their info on the internet.

although.. if you spoke Spanish.. you may even be better informed by reading the countries language newsfeeds.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.