CR Government misleads the people re Intel

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum CR Government misleads the people re Intel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gkbiz

from Inside Costa Rica morning news
    [quote][/quote]April 23rd, 2014 (InsideCostaRica.com) A video obtained by Spanish-language digital newspaper, CRHoy.com in which Intel CEO, Brian Krzanich, says that Intel’s decision to close its manufacturing operations in the country came after the company “spent several years trying to work with the Costa Rican government” to reduce the cost of its Costa Rican operations, would seem to contradict the government’s official line that Intel’s decision was completely internal and not related to conditions in the country.[quote][/quote]

Should we be surprised that the CR govt. has been lying to the population for the last 2 weeks by giving false, inaccurate information about the reasons for INTEL’s imminent departure?

Seems this was not a sudden surprise as they claim.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Although this would not surprise me, this has certainly never been made public by Intel and of course, we have no way to verify this…

The Costa Rica government is very reactive rather than proactive so only after big companies have already left will they start to wonder how we can keep them.

What’s that expression about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted ?

It’s important to remember that both Intel and Bank of America Continuum shut down other operations, not just in Costa Rica.

Scott

fishrman

Big corporations have been doing this for years now, always looking for government “incentives” (i.e. tax breaks or reduced fees, etc.) and will use that to their advantage by continuing to move their operations to a place where the wages and cost of doing business is lower.

They are wiping out unions and subjecting workers to near indentured servant working conditions and always threatening them with layoffs or plant closure to drive down wages so the CEO’s and other executives can continue to raise their own salaries.

That is why the divide between the average worker and the company executives is wider than it has been in decades and continues to grow by leap and bounds.

Do you really think that all this is happening by accident? No, it is planned, staged and manipulated by those ALL MIGHTY central bankers and BIG money hoodlums!

This I am saddened to say will probably continue into the foreseeable future as they have all the control with the politicians in their pockets and the ability to control mass media, politicians, and judges! 🙁

davidd

Sweikert

of course you agree with that statement.. you are a big government kind of guy.. more of a collective society type of guy.

but the problem with that is

it does NOT WORK and the ones that get harmed are the productive working middle class..

Sweikert.. let me make this statement

You fall under the category of a W-2 meaning your employer tales the money out of your paycheck. I am sure this has been happening all your adult life..

so your accustomed to having 30% of your money taken from you.. and squandered.. around the world.. ( I think the U.S. recently donated 1 million dollars to Costa Rica.. thank you for that )

then the remaining net you pay more taxes for goods and services..

But I would speculate.. if you had access to 100% of your money.. and you had to cut a check every paycheck to the government.. week in and week out.. you would change your tune a little.

this was a great move on Roosevelt who I believe enacted this law.. I could be wrong.

😀

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”fishrman”]Big corporations…are wiping out unions and subjecting workers to near indentured servant working conditions and always threatening them with layoffs or plant closure to drive down wages so the CEO’s and other executives can continue to raise their own salaries. [/quote]
    Now there’s something we can agree on.

As for the history of Intel and the CR government, unless you know the precise details of the negotiations it’s hard to assess whether the CR government tried hard enough to keep Intel. My guess is, probably not. But that’s just a guess.

Say you rent an apartment from someone on a month to month lease. Every month you go in and demand the landlord reduce the rent and he or she complies. But eventually the landlord decides “the heck with this extortion” and says adios. Who is at fault there?[/quote]

pixframe
    Participant

[quote=”davidd”]

this was a great move on Roosevelt who I believe enacted this law.. I could be wrong. 😀 [/quote]

Davidd, I think you’ll find this interesting: “Another important feature of the income tax that changed was the return to income tax withholding as had been done during the Civil War. This greatly eased the collection of the tax for both the taxpayer and the Bureau of Internal Revenue. However, it also greatly reduced the taxpayer’s awareness of the amount of tax being collected, i.e. it reduced the transparency of the tax, which made it easier to raise taxes in the future.”
    http://web.archive.org/web/20101204034946/http://www.treasury.gov/education/fact-sheets/taxes/ustax.shtml

The Internet Archive is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that was founded to build an Internet library. Its purposes include offering permanent access for researchers, historians, scholars, people with disabilities, and the general public to historical collections that exist in digital format.

davidd

[quote=”pixframe”][quote=”davidd”]

this was a great move on Roosevelt who I believe enacted this law.. I could be wrong. 😀 [/quote]

Davidd, I think you’ll find this interesting: “Another important feature of the income tax that changed was the return to income tax withholding as had been done during the Civil War. This greatly eased the collection of the tax for both the taxpayer and the Bureau of Internal Revenue. However, it also greatly reduced the taxpayer’s awareness of the amount of tax being collected, i.e. it reduced the transparency of the tax, which made it easier to raise taxes in the future.”
    http://web.archive.org/web/20101204034946/http://www.treasury.gov/education/fact-sheets/taxes/ustax.shtml

The Internet Archive is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that was founded to build an Internet library. Its purposes include offering permanent access for researchers, historians, scholars, people with disabilities, and the general public to historical collections that exist in digital format.

[/quote]

excellent read.. thank you for that…

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”Scott”]Although this would not surprise me, this has certainly never been made public by Intel and of course, we have no way to verify this…

The Costa Rica government is very reactive rather than proactive so only after big companies have already left will they start to wonder how we can keep them.

What’s that expression about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted ?

It’s important to remember that both Intel and Bank of America Continuum shut down other operations, not just in Costa Rica.

Scott

[/quote]

It has been known for some time on this forum and others, as well as English speaking news sources, that Intel was “considering reducing its workforce in CR”, which we all know is a form of negotiating for a better deal.

So now, I am trying to picture in my mind exactly how the CR government handled this, and my images keep going back and forth from an ostrich to Pinocchio!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.